Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performance issues and crashing when used as webserver

edited April 2013 in Need Help

If I run 1 instance of GSA SER, and it uses a high thread count, CB manages this OK, and it’s AVG Time remains under 1 second . 

However, I've noticed that when I use the same total number of threads, but divided among multiple instances of GSA SER, CB really struggles and often crashes.

For example, say I have 1 instance of GSA SER running at 400 threads, CB has no issue. An AVG solve time of below 1 second, and the program remains stable. But if I have 4 instances of GSA SER, each running 100 threads, the CB solve time is often over 4 seconds, and gets worse and worse as time goes by, until the program becomes unresponsive, and then crashes, asking me if I want to close the program or restart it. 

Is there anyway of resolving this issue?

**EDIT - just to add I've found that upping CB's processor priority helps a bit, but the issue still remains on the whole.

Answers

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry but I don't think this is getting much better. 400 threads who all want to send captchas might produce a high memory usage on CB and result in a crash.
  • That's the thing. I've been keeping an eye on CB's mem and CPU usage within task manager, and i haven't seen it go over 90Mb when the issue occurs, which i didn't think would be a problem on a system with 16GB? I'm guessing it's down to how the program works within webserver mode, as when i run a single instance of GSA SER, and run CB without using the webserver mode, i can run a far higher number (up to 800 threads), and don't encounter the problem!?