Skip to content

Quick Question About a Setting "Verified Links must have exact URL"

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited September 2012 in Need Help
The option "Verified Links must have exact URL" 

1) Where would you use this setting?
2) Does it just mean that you have website.com/page1 it checks that the page is verified rather than the domain?

Just want to double check before I enable it!

Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1) You would use this if you e.g. want to submit URLs from Web2.0 sites where other users have also there Bogs/Sites on (e.g. a youtube URL).

2) Yes

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks!
  • I'm still don't understand the answer. Could someone elaborate on this?

What would happen if you leave this uncheck? Thanks.

Lets say your project uses the URL:

Now it finds a Blog where the program wants to place the backlink to that site on. However before doing this, it checks if the URL is already present and finds a link like .

If the verification is not set to exact URL, you will see that the program picks up that URL as verified even though it has nothing to do with the URL you want to promote.

This however is wanted for people who promote there very own site where they own the domain name, as some engines might only link the domain and no deep link (some directories e.g.).

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

Ups the youtube URLs turn to linked videos, sorry...but I think you get what I mean.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Interesting music choices there Sven ^^
    hehe sorry just wanted to choose some
    (in my eyes)
    better music ;)
  • I see.. Thanks for the explanation Sven. So it's best to leave it mostly checked I guess for most circumstances. Thanks!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I would leave it checked always, as it doesn't do any harm. Otherwise, you will forget this setting and it will verify some links that are not yours. E.g. a youtube link, or a squidoo link.