Skip to content

BEWARE!

edited April 2013 in Other / Mixed
O.k. - I've used CS for over a year and have only moved the "license" maybe once in that time. Recently, I have moved from a local machine to a VPS. It took me several providers to find a suitable VPS. This of course required me to move the licensing for all of my SEO tools multiple times. Most of the tools allow me to move the license myself or a simple email to the developer quickly gets it reset so I can re-install it. Save but one:

Mikey, at Captcha Sniper, apparently now charges you to move your copy of CS to another machine. $10 a pop. Here is his reply email to my request:

"Actually this normally incurs a $10
fee 
L
"

To which I replied:

Are you serious!?!?

And Mikey, again:

"Yes, be warned .. ill let it slide this
time"

Then my final reply to him:

"
Hey "Mikey",

Keep your bullshit software. I don't need you to "let it slide" or
do me any favors. No where on your website or any other
documentation do I see anything that says you'll be charged for
simply moving your software to another machine. I bought Captcha
Sniper originally over a year ago and then just bought another
license a few days ago. I use many tools and ALL of them either
allow me to move it myself or the developer happily resets the
license. Your antiquated methods for updates and licensing are
nauseating.

Good day to your Sir."

So, if you use this crap software, be "warned" if you decide to grow your business and need to make changes, you'll be charged.

Comments

• When I used CS ( a while ago)

His policy was 1 free move every 30 days.  If you had to do it more than once in a 30 day period it incurred a $10 charge.  Like you I had problems with my VPS and I had to change.  It was very surprising to me too.

I much prefer the way GSA does it where you just enter your details and do it all yourself.

Go Sven! 
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

He must be in desperate need of funds to finish his beta

He might even be using all those $10 charges to pay people for his daft comparison reviews :D

Anyone who uses both or owns both, cant honestly be posting those reviews

Next time he posts anything about how much cheaper cs is than cb, just bring up as long as you don't incur the $10 charge on a regular basis :D

• @Brumnick I can't find any "policy" on his website or otherwise. It seems as though he "wings it" depending on his personal financial status at that moment. I'm moving on. Captcha Breaker, for me, is far superior to CS anyway.

@LeeG Agreed....
  • @ LeeG Thanks for the headsup!

Mike, me and my team are willing to post some fake reviews for CS. PM me thanks.
  • edited April 2013

Scrapebox also do a similar thing, allowing you to move it once a month for free, but then charging you from then on for the remaining month per move. 

A little while ago, before CB came out, I had issues with my dedicated server, so was testing things out on a new VPS provider and also my home PC. In the space of a week, I must have moved my license at least 10 times, easily. He was always courteous about the situation, never charging me, but I would have been pissed if I was him, so I can see why he’s now changed his way of dealing with things. 

I much prefer the way it is with CB, where you can deal with the issue yourself. No more having to wait for them to reply to your email with the license transfer etc, getting setup again in minutes.

• @doubleup I would have no problem paying for it if it was stated somewhere!! But, to just blindly start charging people, seemingly at will, is uncalled for and I won't be a part of it. Not too mention that that is the most confusing way I have ever had to register software in my life! Every other piece of software allows me control of which machines are authorized to use it.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Just buy CB and be happy :D

You also get the benefit of a developer that has customers tell him that his software is good and not the voices in his head and his ego

• @LeeG I've had CB for a while. I actually use it with GSA SER AND NHSEO! It works great! Plus, I think it solves more captchas than CS and a lot faster!
  • I just wish I'd bought CB sooner

There's nothing wrong with CS in that it "works", but it just doesn't work as well as CB
  • I have bought CS and I'm very happy, but I have to use 3rd party captchas as well in order to get higher submission rate, because simply lots of webby now using hard to solve captchas
  • MrXMrX Germany
    edited April 2013
    Buy GSA CB and take a cracked CS as backup :)
  • edited April 2013
    Are we allowed to sell our CS licenses?  I'm dumping a server with CS on it.....have no need for the license as I'm using Captcha Breaker and am happy with it.  I like CB more than Captcha Sniper.

If so, CS license for sale, pm me best offer lol.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    In fact selling a license is legit if Im right. You bought it, you can do whatever you want with it. At least in Germany there was once a law suite who ruled that out if I remember correctly.
  • I moved all my softwares include Captcha Sniper from a small to a BIg server.
    CS doesn't ask me money only the registration code for CS on the new server