Skip to content

Links not getting indexed (using scheduler)

edited April 2013 in Bugs
I've been using GSA for a while now and have had no problems getting the backlinks indexed
Using nothing other than the built in GSA ping function.

Now I started using the scheduler.
I put in about 15 campaigns, running 200 threads, 3 hours per campaign.
Using my imported list, I got over 5000 verified urls per campaign (this is normal)

Normally, these 5000 verified links would get indexed within 24 hours.  
Now it has been 2 weeks and all of the campaigns only have about 200 verified backlinks showing in ahrefs. (ahrefs.com)

I also now just ran a normal campaign without the scheduler, and the links are not being indexed here either.

Any idea what the problem might be? 
Is it possible that the pinger got so overloaded that it stopped pinging my links?

Just seems so strange because everything used to work perfectly.  (and yes, I do have pinging checked in the options)

Any insight would be helpful!
Tagged:

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

25% indexation after two weeks is typical. The number grows slowly over weeks. Depending on the type of links you build, you may be lucky to get 50%.

Pinging is the least effective way to get indexed. GSA Indexer is far better. Lindexed is far better. Shooting blog comments and other links is even better.

The problem is that no one method is good enough. If you use pinging plus all three methods above, you may be lucky to get 60%.

I don't think you have a problem at all.

• edited April 2013
    Thanks for your reply Ron.

Definitely not typical.  I have been using GSA for months and have had 80%+ indexing within 24-48 hours every time.  This is why there is an issue.

I'll add here once again that I am using a custom list that has been fine tuned over a long period of time for high success rates and indexing.

I do also have GSA Indexer, but it simply takes up more cpu resources while pinging was working perfect so I don't use it.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited April 2013
    The days of getting links indexed by simply pinging are long gone. Pinging just notifies the search engines/crawlers, but G will decide if the link is worth adding to the index or not.

I think people get too hung up on if links are showing in G, Ahrefs. etc. Measure by SERP movement.

If you want to help the links get indexed further, use the SEO indexer or an external service or of course build links to the links (tiers).

• edited April 2013
    Hi S4nt0s,

While I appreciate your response, it is irrelevant to the issue.
    I have been using the same actions and getting the same results daily for months, I do 1 mega run with the scheduler and it changes the results for all the campaigns going forward.

This is not an external issue.
    I would appreciate it for this issue to be addressed by someone knowledgeable of potential bugs.

• ronron SERLists.com

What kind of links are these - AA blog comments?

• edited April 2013
    Links come from a mix of approximately 75% of platforms supported by gsa.
    So just about every type.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    I'm pretty sure Sven mentioned that the software doesn't ping all links, only blogs. (I could be wrong) :)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes, just blogs.