Skip to content

Format and tier - safest options

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited April 2013 in Need Help
This is a bit 'how long is a piece of string' type question but i haven't seen a thread like this with all the formats in it, and what are considered to be safe.. So here is what I have picked up, please correct me/add any input you have from your own experience!

Exploit - Dont use it ever! :)
Article - MS+
BC - Tier2+
Directory - Tier1+
Document - Tier2+
Forum - Tier2+
Guestbook - Tier1+
IC - Tier2+
Microblog - MS+
Pingback - Tier2+
SB - Tier1+
SN - MS+
Trackback - Tier1+
Video - Tier 1+
Web 2.0 - MS+
Wiki - Tier2+

These are on the cautious side of things...

I am most concered with Wiki and Trackbacks, I never know what is safe to do them with. Wiki to my moneysite... is it too risky? As an aside I am also using SEREngines web2.0 stuff on MS.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

Tier 1 is your top tier which leaves links aimed directly at your moneysite. So I think you are using a different convention than everyone else. Nonetheless...

T1, T2, T3 (Contextual Tiers) => Article, SN, Web 2.0, Wiki

Microblog belongs on lower junk tiers (T1A, T2A, T3A), and are not worthy of Contextual Tiers, IMHO.

Wikis are worthy of Contextual Tiers, especially ones that have a high homepage PR. Regardless of homepage PR, they work very well.

I use everything (except those 4 above) for all junk tiers. I do not differentiate platforms on lower tiers - I use all of them on T1A, T2A and T3A.

I don't use Pingback, Referrer, or Indexer for anything.