Skip to content

Email verification always reports log on error

Hello everyone.

Until the end of July, or rather until my last check, the email accounts set up with Microsoft mail parameters worked perfectly. They worked for many months. In fact, I remember that in a post I also gave instructions on how to set up email addresses with Microsoft accounts. Today I tested the addresses, and SER sends me a logon error on all addresses. So I changed the login address, set new passwords, and changed the email addresses. Nothing to do, I get the same login error. Then I checked the projects with the text editor and noticed that the email passwords are encrypted in the editor, so it is impossible to read the login password correctly.
Have any changes been made in subsequent versions of SER to block the settings of Microsoft or Google accounts? I ask because they have always worked without problems. I also checked the blacklists and everything is fine. But it would also be impossible for them to be in the blacklists because I changed all the email addresses.

Comments

• My Google accounts work. I know you need 2FA and an app password configured for Google for it to work properly though.
  • Yes, but in fact everything is configured. Even the app password. It has always worked. At least until the end of July. August I did not work. I started again in September. I honestly do not know with which version of SER it started not working anymore.
  • Yes, but in fact everything is configured. Even the app password. It has always worked. At least until the end of July. August I did not work. I started again in September. I honestly do not know with which version of SER it started not working anymore.

Are you using proxies to access the email? That could be an issue. My guess is whatever IP is accessing the email may be flagged.
  • verdemuschioverdemuschio Italy
    edited October 3
    Yes, I am using proxies, but I have always used proxies and it has always worked. However, I created a completely new email account as a server address and it has never been used for anything else. I also redid all the addresses I use for bulk sending, so everything is new, but it still doesn't work.
    I think the problem is that email passwords are encrypted in text files, that is, both the SSL set for the Pop server
  • It says that the username and/or password are incorrect. But this is impossible