Skip to content

Introduction, GSA WC Setup & Operations Advice Needed

Hi all,

As I'm trying to get my hands "dirty" for the first time with Contact Form Marketing I have some newbie questions, and I would highly appreciate your advice in order to start off on the right foot.
Please, keep in mind that I want to start low but super-targeted.

To begin with, I have divided the system into 3 categories:
  • Tech Setup
  • Offer
  • Customer Journey

Here's what I have in place as far as the Tech Setup is concerned:
  • GSA Website Contact
  • GSA Captcha Breaker
  • Windows VPS from SolidSEO with 6GB RAM / 4 Core / 60GB
  • Anonymous off-shore web host for my landing pages (will mention more about it in Customer Journey)
I have decided against buying XEvil for the time being, but I'm open to your suggestions, and I'll be buying my proxies from MPP. Again, feel free to suggest any alternatives that may work better.

-->My questions regarding the Tech Setup:
  1. Can someone help me setup the software and my projects the right way?
  2. What are threads and how many should I go for based on my setup?
  3. How many messages will I be able to send with the current setup?

Moving on to the Offer:

The message itself is highly depended on the GSA WC software restrictions.
The body can only contain text and links, and common spam words should be avoided.
I can use my own email address or randomize it. However, the latter may hurt conversions, and there's a sweet spot between conversions and deliverability that I'd have to figure out myself via experimentation.

I will need super-targeted lists in order to execute my strategy.
In fact, I already posted in B/S/T about it.

In addition, I have created a one-click-unsubscribe "system" that I need to test.

--> My questions regarding the Offer:
  1. Should I use a link-shortener such as bitly?
  2. Has anyone tried cloaked links? What works better in terms of conversions and deliverability?
  3. What kind of email do you use? Your own or random? If you're using your own email, do you go for warmed-up secondary domain names that redirect to your money website?

Finally we have the Customer Journey:

To put it in layman's terms, this is what happens after a prospect clicks on the link I included in the message body.
This is something that massively stresses me out, to be honest.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that this should immediately redirect the prospect to the money site.
There should be something in-between that helps to avoid the domains getting blacklisted.
Also, there's the thing with spam complaints, again, to consider handling here.

--> My questions regarding the Customer Journey:

1. Do you use landing pages that act as intermediate steps after a prospect clicks the link and before they land on the money website? If so, do you use secondary domain names for these landing pages? Do you prefer to host them on anonymous off-shore servers?
  2. What is the optimal customer journey I should build to maintain anonymity and handle spam complaints stress-free?
  3. Specifically when it comes to promoting affiliate offers, do vendors tend to complain about "unusual" traffic? Is there a fear of being kicked out of any affiliate program or marketplace by using this method for promotions?

That's all for now!
I understand that most of you may be familiar with this process and my questions may seem totally stupid.
Kindly consider that my background is different and I don't have any experience in such operations.

Also, if anyone here needs help with brand strategy, messaging, and conversion rate optimization, please feel free to reach out to me. I'd be happy to offer my advice.

Thanks for bearing with me till the end...

Looking forward to getting your feedback!
Tagged:

Comments

• Man sounds like for a beginner you really have a great first strategy! Good for you. Sounds like you'll do great!

Personally - I would watch some of those free links shortners as some will label some affiliate links and some can use plugins that covert it to them so it's possible to lose sales this way. TinyURL is great example. Its same idea if you have a website and someone post an affiliate link in comments or somewhere, there are plugins that will change the link to credit the domain it's on and not you. Of course this needs to be setup. This is nothing new either. Just something to think about. I think Pretty Links Pro and another had these options.

You can always set up a Yourl's Your Own Link Shortner free script or by the 66biolinks (new phpbiolinks) one if want to go all out. 

I would trust my own tracking more then run the risk of making someone else link shortening service money at your expense.

Where and how to host it is another discussion. You can even charge for your shortening service if you buy 66biolinks one.

And yes I would always try to get some landing page grabbing an email which can be saved and remarketed to.
    Thanked by 1arikapa
  • Here is my thinking if they clicked the link you sent, there must be some interest, so if adding landing page in between you can have the button redirect to aff link still. This way you have your targeted list of people who opted-in. The button would add email to your list and then redirect to the offer. The trick I think would be have your initial offer sexy enough that people are willing to give email address for whatever you are offering on first lander. Of course you can a/b split test different landers, offers and hooks to see which ones perform best.

1. Specifically when it comes to promoting affiliate offers, do vendors tend to complain about "unusual" traffic? Is there a fear of being kicked out of any affiliate program or marketplace by using this method for promotions?
    I would say yes to a degree especially when signing up to these affiliate hubs you are agreeing not to use certain marketing methods. Maybe go after some of the product launches as an increase in traffic is expected and wanted here if it concerns you. Plus the offer is fresh.

Just some thoughts...
    Thanked by 1arikapa
  • Man sounds like for a beginner you really have a great first strategy! Good for you. Sounds like you'll do great!

Personally - I would watch some of those free links shortners as some will label some affiliate links and some can use plugins that covert it to them so it's possible to lose sales this way. TinyURL is great example. Its same idea if you have a website and someone post an affiliate link in comments or somewhere, there are plugins that will change the link to credit the domain it's on and not you. Of course this needs to be setup. This is nothing new either. Just something to think about. I think Pretty Links Pro and another had these options.

You can always set up a Yourl's Your Own Link Shortner free script or by the 66biolinks (new phpbiolinks) one if want to go all out. 

I would trust my own tracking more then run the risk of making someone else link shortening service money at your expense.

Where and how to host it is another discussion. You can even charge for your shortening service if you buy 66biolinks one.

And yes I would always try to get some landing page grabbing an email which can be saved and remarketed to.
    Hey, I highly appreciate your input.
    I was thinking of using Switchy for my links as I have a generous LTD with them. Any objections to that?

And yes, I do want to capture those email addresses but I'm not sure how to do that while staying anonymous.

Any chance you can recommend someone to build my lists and guide me through setting up everything the right way?
  • Here is my thinking if they clicked the link you sent, there must be some interest, so if adding landing page in between you can have the button redirect to aff link still. This way you have your targeted list of people who opted-in. The button would add email to your list and then redirect to the offer. The trick I think would be have your initial offer sexy enough that people are willing to give email address for whatever you are offering on first lander. Of course you can a/b split test different landers, offers and hooks to see which ones perform best.
    So, if I got it right, you're suggesting to redirect people to the offer/money website after they submit their email on my landing page.
    Is that correct? I sure like the sound of it.

Creating "sexy" offers if what I'm good at  B).
    I'm just nervous about the technical stuff.
  • OK, lets get brainstorming so this discussion can reach it's full potential   ;)

Though, I have wonder with that initial AI post what the prompt you gave was since even the title wasn't changed? What were the "AI" answers it gave you other them the forum post? What was intention? I'm sorta confused why your asking questions about messaging then at the end offering messaging services? Your questions are pretty advanced too - then in the end you brush them off as stupid? These are not stupid or beginner questions.

Anywho... ;)
    Creating "sexy" offers if what I'm good at  B.

Well then I would say your ahead of the game because in the end this is what matters most - I think. Are your selling that click and getting conversions at the bottom of the funnel. Conversion rate optimization. Not how many people can I contact - but how many people I contacted ended up firing off that conversion event. Some randomly tracked event be it a website visit, download, form submitted, phone call, sale etc. 

It sounds like you have the targeted part thought out already.

So, if I got it right, you're suggesting to redirect people to the offer/money website after they submit their email on my landing page.
    Is that correct? I sure like the sound of it.

Not suggesting rather brainstorming some methods (as there as many). That being said - I think a one step landing page in between with an sexy offer on it that adds a subscriber to your list and maybe have button that collects the email, but also redirects to what you are calling  the main offer can be effective method. This way you are also building your own list - not just someone else's.

I guess these landers can be switched and split tested too. Maybe even add a layer between that main link if your concerned there.

As for landing pages maybe there are some free ones that may be of some use in this department if anon is your goal? Some may even let you ad tracking and external links on free accounts while giving free tested templates to use  ;)

Just some things to consider really. 

• To be honest, I've been bullied not so long ago for asking similar stuff to other forums.
    And to be as transparent as I can about my background, I'm brand consultant with a solid knowledge of strategy, web design, and CRO.
    However, this is my first attempt to build an automated source of income (not a big fan of the word "passive" when it comes to making money).

So, I do understand how to set up a brand and create a good offer, but when it comes to technical setup and anonymity, I have really no idea what I'm doing, yet.

In any case, I honestly appreciate your input.
    And I'd love to find someone to help me set up the GSA software.