Skip to content

Bad Backlink

How to remove bad backlink from my site?
Tagged:

Comments

• sickseosickseo London,UK
    If it's indexed you can use the disavow tool from Google.

If it's not indexed then you don't neeed to do anything. It's having zero impact on your rankings.

Personally I wouldn't worry about bad links. If the link is bad it's ignored by Google anyway. Ofcourse this also depends on your definition of a bad link.
  • sickseo said:
    If it's indexed you can use the disavow tool from Google.

If it's not indexed then you don't neeed to do anything. It's having zero impact on your rankings.

Personally I wouldn't worry about bad links. If the link is bad it's ignored by Google anyway. Ofcourse this also depends on your definition of a bad link.

i  mean by bad it is affecting my ranking
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited August 8
    george_kaiser i  mean by bad it is affecting my ranking
    Ahh..herein lies the different strategies  I've seen some very different skilled SEO ppl use.
    Some people seem to try to get what Majestic calls "Citation Flow," that is, just a lot of links.
    Others try to get what Majestic calls "Trust Flow," that is, votes from trusted domains and pages.
    Maybe identified hacked sites would hurt rankings? Spammed sites? Malware sites? X-rated?
    Or, maybe it differs across KWs...
    Getting tons and tons of junk links can bring down your "trust."
    But these are not Google or other SE metrics. 
    Just some stuff people made up to approximate Google, in a rough way.

Just as I've read so much from so many about "bad links." DO they REALLY exist?
    And, if so, what should be done about them, if anything?
  • @george_kaiser i  mean by bad it is affecting my ranking

How do you know as a "beginner" you have a "bad link" that is "affecting your rankings". How are you tracking/monitoring your rankings, or link building? Where or who told you is was a "bad" link? Rankings go up and down, how do you know it's not fluctuating due to your linking building/indexing and will not come back ranking better in a week, or maybe even worse? 

@Deeeeeeee

And, if so, what should be done about them, if anything?

Link dilution or what some were calling "link pillowing." Years ago I was told it was a secret method for diluting your backlink profile. I guess building some "good links" to balance out the "bad links". I heard on a call guys got together to have backlink pillowing parties . When I heard the question and response - I had to mute the mic I couldn't stop :D

I mean I have used a backlink dilution strategy on optimized anchors, but I never intentionally "pillowed a link".

Either way, "pillowing" that bad link may help  :D 

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee