Skip to content

country filter do not really work as it should

In several projects where i needed country based links i selected all countries to skip except the one i needed links from.

Result was very slow and has nearly 30-40% links from the country i wanted links from. Other were from china, korea and mix of other countries, filter is not working as it should.

Having chinese, korean links or links in other language to an english site is disaster for seo.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I disagree with the "disaster for SEO" part as it is usually not influencing your SEO as long as the content you submit is in your language with your anchor texts on it.
    Also note that country detection is not always easy. Sometimes the country detection has to rely on the IP of the server it is hosted in, and then it can get a bit out of focus. But thats the best thing I can do if the tld is e.g. .com.
    Thanked by 2petpetpetvm ksatul
  • petpetpetvmpetpetpetvm United States
    edited June 26
    ksatul said:

Having chinese, korean links or links in other language to an english site is disaster for seo.
    So you meant if I want to kill my competitors, I can just create Chinese/Korean backlinks for them? Or maybe if I'm Chinese, promoting an English page/site for my Chinese friends is bad for the site?

I understand that you're trying to target domains that are in English only. You can pick English search engines only, or maybe English Google only. If the identified sites are from English Google, which means it got ranked for English keywords on Google, even though it could be a Korean site
  • @petpetpetvm which means it got ranked for English keywords on Google, even though it could be a Korean site

i don't think google will show korean site for english keyword Sven said:
    I disagree with the "disaster for SEO" part as it is usually not influencing your SEO as long as the content you submit is in your language with your anchor texts on it.
    Also note that country detection is not always easy. Sometimes the country detection has to rely on the IP of the server it is hosted in, and then it can get a bit out of focus. But thats the best thing I can do if the tld is e.g. .com.
    where ip address is available for korean site, it is verified for USA country filter. If ip address is not available than i can understand.

even with country tld results are extremely poor take .uk , .de or any other tld
  • ksatul said:

So you meant if I want to kill my competitors, I can just create Chinese/Korean backlinks for them? Or maybe if I'm Chinese, promoting an English page/site for my Chinese friends is bad for the site?

I understand that you're trying to target domains that are in English only. You can pick English search engines only, or maybe English Google only. If the identified sites are from English Google, which means it got ranked for English keywords on Google, even though it could be a Korean site
    you should try to kill using this technique, it is not a sure shot formula but it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

If you target big company website nothing will happen. they have a team dedicated for seo only.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited July 5
    @Ksatul
    USA IP does not mean the content of the website is English, same as a Chinese IP does not mean the content is Chinese.
    TLD  .uk does not mean the content will be in English, it could be ANY language

There is a better filter to use to only get English language sites, here is a work around using the below filter. @sven please consider adding an option to specify the words for this section, so one don't have to add it under keywords.

Enter the keywords or phrases that are commonly found in English metadata. For instance, you can add the following if you only want sites that have English content. The below will look for common English words in the title or content, and we will also look for 2 common meta language tags:
    the, and, of, in, to, is, for, on, with, as, content="en", lang="en", Welcome, Home, About, Contact, Blog, News, Services, Products

For now, you have to add the above to your keywords.  Make sure to only use you Anchor text for linking, and keywords for nothing else.

The below video will show you how to add it. (watch in full screen)

https://www.loom.com/share/8ed0878b47ce4bddbfe2ef0c71c8bd36?sid=85c6a5a6-5992-4e29-9248-273250714b87
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    A language detection by words is already happening.