Skip to content

Auto pause/restart function when internet connection is lost?

The main gsa software has this function but I noticed when my internet cut out, the platform identifier just kept plowing thru the list it was working on.

Comments

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    It continued getting resources from the internet with no connection? 

Or maybe it continued working on a list that was already in program?
    the internet was definitely off...i didnt think of the latter part of your answer, but it looked like it was just scrolling thru the url list, i dont 'think' it would have/could have already downloaded all the urls in advance, it does that on the fly per thread?
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    The main gsa software has this function but I noticed when my internet cut out, the platform identifier just kept plowing thru the list it was working on.
    I assume you are using proxies, one way to stop GSA when the internet go down, is to do the following

In proxy options set it to test the proxies say every 15 minutes
    Select to test all Proxies (Good and bad)

In the general proxy settings enable like the below in red bracket.
    If the internet is down it will fail to test all proxies, which mean there will be no active proxies

I have not used the above myself for that purpose as i run on a VPS or dedicated servers, and not from home PC. So, test it, might have to adjust the settings on the proxy test page a little.

The easiest way to solve this is to just get a VPS which has a low probability of internet getting disconnected.

Good luck and hope it solves your problem.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited July 18
    Sorry my bad I just noticed you were asking about GSA Platform identifier --- in that case what I suggested is not applicable.

But there are other ways of doing this , but you will need a liitle understanding of basic coding.

Here is simple PowerShell script to stop a program if there is no internet connection:

Save this script as check_internet.ps1 and use Task Scheduler to run it at your preferred interval.

Steps to Set Up Task Scheduler
    1. Open Task Scheduler.
    2. Click on Create Task.
    3. Name your task and configure it to run with the highest privileges.
    4. Go to the Triggers tab and create a new trigger. Set it to run at your desired interval.
    5. Go to the Actions tab and create a new action. Set it to start a program and enter powershell.exe as the program/script.
    6. In the Add arguments field, enter -File "C:\Path\To\Your\Script\check_internet.ps1" (replace the path with the actual path to your script).
    7. Save the task.

This will run the script at the specified intervals and stop the program if there is no internet connection.