Skip to content

"Out of Memory!"

edited May 31 in Bugs

I keep getting this error every time I wake up. My posting PC has 32gb ram and SER uses at the most maybe... 3-3.5gb? I also use xEvil and I've seen it get up to the very most like... 5gb?

Essentially, this setup (including Windows) is using under 50% of my memory yet keeps throwing this error.

I've seen this posted about in this thread, but there doesn't seem to be any resolution. Is there any way to prevent this? I'm only running at 100 threads.
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You need to lower memory usage as this is a 32bit program that can only allocate up to 3.5GB of RAM.
  • Sven said:
    You need to lower memory usage as this is a 32bit program that can only allocate up to 3.5GB of RAM.
    This works for preventing the error but using the "Automatically decrease memory" option lowers the amount of threads to virtually nothing after a while.

I honestly don't even understand how it's using so much memory. I have 3 projects active using search engine scraping/posting and auto-verify. In one project I'm importing large link lists, but other projects are just scraping and posting.

Does GSA have some sort of memory cleanup that executes at some point? Because when I wake up every other day, the program is at 3.2gb memory and only running at 15 threads instead of 200.

As an aside, I remember importing millions of links at once in 2013 across many projects and never saw the error until now.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @seoaddict you will find some information on how to prevent the out of memory issue here : How To Avoid The "Out Of Memory" Error When Using GSA SER (asiavirtualsolutions.com)
  • edited June 23
    royalmice said:
    @seoaddict you will find some information on how to prevent the out of memory issue here : How To Avoid The "Out Of Memory" Error When Using GSA SER (asiavirtualsolutions.com)
    I already do these things brother. I've been using GSA since 2012, I'm a pretty advanced user lol.

My server is 28-core/64GB ram, I only use 200 threads because otherwise the memory leak (or issue) happens even faster. The auto-throttle makes my threads go down to 15 after 1-2 days of running, it feels like no memory is being recycled and it sticks at 3.2gb forever. I don't use any the "Analyse competitors" or any other weird settings like that.
  • Interesting I just realized I posted a thread about this 5 years ago:

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/25965/out-of-memory-error-but-nowhere-close-to-out-of-memory/p1

Which would seem to indicate that it's either...

1) My filter lists  (which is 4000 root domains, only 72kb in size).
    2) Importing large link lists at one time.

From watching this happen recently, I'm fairly confident it's #2, and for whatever reason GSA is not freeing up the memory after the targets are done being processed/verified.

@Sven let me know if you want me to send you a backup project or settings or something. Thank you
    @seoaddict well yes, send everything in private message and I will run it here to debug and find memory leaks. I recently found one where I thought no other is left, but you can always be wrong.
  • bchubbchub Dublin
    seoaddict said:

I keep getting this error every time I wake up. My posting PC has 32gb ram and SER uses at the most maybe... 3-3.5gb? I also use xEvil and I've seen it get up to the very most like... 5gb?

Essentially, this setup (including Windows) is using under 50% of my memory yet keeps throwing this error.

I've seen this posted about in this thread, but there doesn't seem to be any resolution. Is there any way to prevent this? I'm only running at 100 threads.
    Hey, that's weird! I've seen similar issues before, but not with such a powerful setup like yours. 32GB of RAM should be more than enough for SER and xEvil. Have you tried closing other resource-intensive programs or background apps to see if that frees up some memory? Also, are you running the latest versions of SER and xEvil? Maybe there's a bug or a memory leak that's causing the issue. Have you tried restarting your PC in safe mode to see if the error persists?
  • xevil does that a lot, lower usage so that less than 40% is used at most. That's what botmaster told me 2 years ago.
  • Sven said:
    any chance of upgrading it to 64 bit ?. 
    I don't have plans ding so sorry.
  • petpetpetvmpetpetpetvm United States
    edited June 25
    we're willing to pay for an additional fee for x64 version if needed. Maybe it could be a good reason for you to go over the whole program again, which can help on finding some bugs?
  • I think that would be a very large and very complex task to rebuild SER from ground up. I was thinking same thing at one point and likely some are actually willing to pay, but from what I have seen some users do not support these projects. They spread hate and misinformation, rather then use them correctly and provide constructive feedback to enhance them for all. Some profiles or other "service providers" go round other forums calling them junk and making out of context very strange comparisons. I personally do not see great motivation to do this either
    Thanked by 1petpetpetvm
    edited June 25
    that's the problem of 'free lifetime updates' (don't take me wrong cuz I really appreciate this), lacking of motivation to make a big change/upgrade. However, x64 is more like another program, GSA can totally charge differently for x86 and x64 version or a small fee to get the combo/transfer to x64. Hopefully that GSA SER x64 won't cause changing the whole GSA environment if he decides to upgrade later
    Common, this really hurts! I am making big changed and improvements to all our products all the time. It's not a big deal either to compile it on 64bit. I just think that 32bit is enough. I come from the 16bit area and think it's enough ;)
    Thanked by 1petpetpetvm
    edited June 25
    Thank you bro for keep updating. Didn't mean to hurt you since you're doing a great job. Just wanna mention that many of us are willing to pay extra for x64 version, especially I've been receiving the same 'out of memory' message quite often recently since trying to scale up the projects. How about making the option to open multiple SER on the same PC?
  • edited June 26

Sven said:
    Common, this really hurts! I am making big changed and improvements to all our products all the time. It's not a big deal either to compile it on 64bit. I just think that 32bit is enough. I come from the 16bit area and think it's enough ;)
    i have worked on win 3.1 . You have to move along with the time. Running on 64 gb ram, seems like waste of resources.
     if it is just compiling than why not release 64 bit, i am sure speed will be better.
    Sven said:

Thanked by 1petpetpetvm