Skip to content

Not sure what proxy to use with GSA SER

Hello guys,

I just bought GSA Search Engines and GSA Captcha breaker today. I already own a VPS running 24/7 (I was using it for other tasks) and I started testing with the software. I got some backlinks, not bad for the first day.

My question is, I'm using the software without a proxy, and I'm still looking for a good affordable proxy.

I hope someone who is more experienced in this software to help me.

Thank you in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• I guess it depends what you using them for...

scraping - likely want ones that will work friendly with search engine your parsing.
    posting - likely you want ones that makes sense for the location and give some diversity.
    captcha - some software will need certain proxies for certain types.
    types - different types/protocols can play a role as well.

You can scrape "free" one with GSA Proxy Scraper.

You can use a service like buyproxies, webshare, or some other service.
    Have to test around and find what works well for you use case. The stability of these services have been known to change also.

Probably, Not great idea to make all your posts from your VPS using "system" proxy. 

Thanked by 1murkymetrics
  • Hello guys,

I just bought GSA Search Engines and GSA Captcha breaker today. I already own a VPS running 24/7 (I was using it for other tasks) and I started testing with the software. I got some backlinks, not bad for the first day.

My question is, I'm using the software without a proxy, and I'm still looking for a good affordable proxy.

I hope someone who is more experienced in this software to help me.

Thank you in advance.
    Don't use GSA SER without proxies:

1. Your VPS IP will easily get banned in no time, and you will lose all your remaining targets and resources due to the IP ban.
    2. Your VPS may get suspended due to complaints, especially if your region is the US.

Don't waste money on public proxies. If you want good results, subscribe to semi-dedicated data proxies from a proxy provider. If you are using a link list, ask them what they suggest. It's wise to match what your list provider uses, just in case.

If you are running on a budget, there is a feature where GSA can scrape public proxies. This wastes a lot of your resources but is still better than nothing.

Thanked by 1murkymetrics