Skip to content

Name File For Blog Comments

Have a separate anchor text field for the sole purpose of blog
commenting. I am getting a large number of complaints from blog owners
about spammy comments. (my comment file was hand written and is very
natural looking) The main complaint has been that they new it was spam
because the name was "Click here" or "My target keyword" which is not a
name, obviously.

I think having a spun name file to post to blogs would help in a number of ways:

1. Would reduce it's "spamminess" (I created that word but, feel free to use it ;) )
2. Would possibly pass Akismet easier (I hate that program!)
3. Would still help generic anchor text density, which is more important now than ever

I'm no programmer but, I wouldn't imagine it could be that difficult...

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    For Blog Comments it is not taking the generic anchor text as you say, but a name as anchor text as I am aware that this must look odd. However did you change something on the engine files or where exactly was this kind of link placed?
  • I didn't change the engine files. I don't remember exactly where the link was placed but, if you say that it pulls generic names to use for blog comments it's quite possible that the link was generated with my other software. I didn't know if GSA SER used the anchor text file or a name file to fill in the name field on a blog comment...
    Yes, I scripted it like this. Everywhere where a link is placed over a name it is using a random name instead of your anchor text if the general link option applies.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - so if I have generic anchor text at 20%, and it's "click here", SER will not use this in the name field right? 

(The reason I ask is that I split blog comments into a seperate project for this very reason!) 
    No, for some engines, there is a different generic-anchor source used (in this case names.dat).
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - sorry I asked the question in the double negative! So basically, it doesn't use a generic in blog comments but rather uses a name?
    Yes, the script variable is called "alternate data=anchor-source-macro".