Skip to content

Optimizing Anchor Text Variations for GSA Search Engine Ranker Success

royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
edited April 12 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
The Anchor Text Variation section in GSA Search Engine was recentely updated, based on that and my experience with anchor text i have created the below blog post to explain the importance of using anchor text variations, and exactely how to add them to GSA Ser. 

There is also a free  tool that you can use to create all the anchor text - the tool can be found  in the blog post below, just above the first video

https://asiavirtualsolutions.com/gsa-ser-anchor-text-optimization-guide/

Optimizing Anchor Text Variations for GSA Search Engine Ranker Success

@sven please consider including in the tutorial section
Tagged:

Comments

• royalmice That was a very good suggestion for SER update... I always wondered that thinking likely I would think would cause issues if it was not 100 percent total. Or use anchors maybe you would not have wanted.

I wondered what it would default to say if your added totals were 75 percent before this update. 

What would the other 25 percent be used for an anchor?

I think this tutorial will help some who may not want to ask publicly and looks like you provided a free tool to grab these anchors easier on your site too, which is pretty cool.

-Thanks
    Thanked by 1royalmice
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    royalmice That was a very good suggestion for SER update... I always wondered that thinking likely I would think would cause issues if it was not 100 percent total. Or use anchors maybe you would not have wanted.

I wondered what it would default to say if your added totals were 75 percent before this update. 

I think this tutorial will help some who may not want to ask publicly and looks like you provided a free tool to grab these anchors easier on your site too, which is pretty cool.

-Thanks

Thank you. Your feedback means a lot to me.

Honestly, I had the same doubts about how these anchor variations worked in the past, and I never used them fully. It was only recently that I started experimenting with them, and when I investigated the topic of anchor text variations, I fully understood how to use them.

Now I know that the remaining 25% is assigned to the main anchor text, which I marked as No.1 in the image below. In the image below, it totals 98%, which means the remaining 2% will be allocated to the main anchor text.  

• That makes sense, and even makes this update more useful then I first thought!

This is very helpful, I have been being a lot more selective on anchors used/created lately.

I actually used SER this way to fix a brain fart Money Robot had few months back messing up my anchor percentages and tanking site for brand name. :#

I'm big fan of looking at these "anchor text clouds" too in context to telling if a domain is related and spammed or not. For expired domains, checking out your own, doing quick research etc...

Also, I guess maybe some would call it "page rank or authority sculpting" but I have been selectively using the link manager in SER to grab only what I want and think is helpful, before sending URLs with certain anchor texts off to Indexing.

I think even like you mentioned on tiers adding context, so the referring domains pointing at your backlinks and the context of those link is often overlooked.

Here is maybe helpful images to add some context if people may not be fully aware of what you meant and how this works even on a tier level. Yes, these images are very old and quite aggressive but it get point across, I think. . .

@royalmice was great suggestion and this also great strategy topic which forum is in need of so thanks for adding to this gap here on this one! :)
    Thanked by 1royalmice
  • No problem, its interesting topic for sure!
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited April 14
    That makes sense, and even makes this update more useful then I first thought!

This is very helpful, I have been being a lot more selective on anchors used/created lately.

I actually used SER this way to fix a brain fart Money Robot had few months back messing up my anchor percentages and tanking site for brand name. :#

I'm big fan of looking at these "anchor text clouds" too in context to telling if a domain is related and spammed or not. For expired domains, checking out your own, doing quick research etc...

Also, I guess maybe some would call it "page rank or authority sculpting" but I have been selectively using the link manager in SER to grab only what I want and think is helpful, before sending URLs with certain anchor texts off to Indexing.

I think even like you mentioned on tiers adding context, so the referring domains pointing at your backlinks and the context of those link is often overlooked.

Here is maybe helpful images to add some context if people may not be fully aware of what you meant and how this works even on a tier level. Yes, these images are very old and quite aggressive but it get point across, I think. . .

@royalmice was great suggestion and this also great strategy topic which forum is in need of so thanks for adding to this gap here on this one! :)
    Yes i toyally agree wih the diagrams. That is the way i have been building my backlinks, by using web 2.0's as buffer sites and then power up the buffer sites. 

I see may people complaining about GSA, Serlib or Serengine does not work for them in creating web 2.0's,  or it does not create  enough web 2.0  links for them ==> so why continue to use those addon services, for the monthly subscription you spend on that you can rather outsource ot  create the web 2.0's manually. There are many high DA web 2.0 services on Fiver and other places, and at Asia Virtual Solutions, we also offer a High DA web 2.0 service.

The process is simple, and as the diagrams above show Create manual Web 2.0s (These point to your money site ) , ==> Optionally  - Use reliable paid indexing service ( I use Syndbyte)

Then to then help get the Web 2.0's indexed , then you create a GSA 1 or 2 tier project to help power up the web 2.0 links - GSA project in this case are serving as an additional layer of indexing=  When creating th GSA project, be sure to ONLY select Do Follow and Contextual platforms.
    You could also consider setting a  daily pause so as to not overdo it with the automated links which could trigger Google penalties. Consider a daily  limit of maybe 100 verified links per day.(If you are not sure how to set that then ask here and someone is sure to help you. And for God sake forget about chasing high LPM and VPM that is not the right way to build links. Google want to see a natural and consistant link velocity for backlinks, not 1 million links one day and nothing the next month, it needs to grow naturally and consistantely.

If you have GSA SEO Indexer  then you can also use that. BUT, very BIG BUT -  change your settings to delay sending links to the indexers for at least 3 days (5 will be even better)

You might wonder whats the point of delaying sending it to Indexers. I will explain.

Normally when you create the links, and it show verified. GSA Consider  a link Verified when it were able to successfully make a submission. normally  GSA SER will immediately send it to the indexers, which is NOT good. Because at least 40% of the verified links will no  longer be verified after a few hours, this is because the submissions were either moderated, or sites have tools to detect automated link post nd will delete the post soon after being posted (that is why verified numbers go up and down all the time.

The below is how i set my GSA projects, i will explain the settings in the below image:  

1. GSA Will check the verified links automatically after 1 day - and remove what was not verified. (at this stage as much as 40% will no longer be verified.

2. Then after 2 days we set GSA will once again  to go back and check again if all the links are still verified, and again it will remove some links that is no longer alive.

3. The on day 3 after the links were checkked 2 times, THEN ONLY do we send what is still left verified to the indexers.

Foing it this way will save you allot of resources as we only send links that is still alive to the indexers. which mean your indexers will be running more effeciently and not wste time and money trying to index links that are allready dead.

In addition to the above if you are building a multi tiered project, then i would delay the tiers by at least 2 - 3 days, that way the lower tiers are ONLY building links to verified links that is still live.
    To set it as below.

The reason we delay the start of the lower tiers is the same reason i have explained, we want to wait for the verified links to be double check.

You will see the the below setting URL age in days -3 -60 : Wat this means it will wait for the verifie links to be at least 3 days old, then it will start the projet, then it is going to promote the verified links untill they are 60 days old. The reaspn for the 60 days is that we dont want to keep building inks to urls after 60 days, because by that time Google have surely spidered the links and they are indexed, so the resources are used for new links created untill they are 60 days old --- if you want you can increase it to 90 days or even lower it to 30 days.

• DerryHowellDerryHowell Kansas
    edited May 10

Let me tell you, mastering the art of anchor text is like unlocking the secret to SEO success. So, when I heard about the recent update to the Anchor Text Variation section in GSA Search Engine Ranker, I knew I had to dive in and soak up all that juicy info.I've been in the SEO game for a minute now, and let me tell ya, anchor text variations are where the magic happens. So when I stumbled upon your blog post breaking it all down, I was all in.But in addition to what you've mentioned, you should also test the anchor text optimization. I've recently discovered it for myself, and I find it really helpful.