Skip to content

What is the spintax for emails for catchall emails?

Hello. I just created a catchall email in one of my domains. Just a simple question, what is the spintax format for the email section so that it will create unlimited variants/email addresses to send to my catchall email?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    just enter the real data and click on the "Catch All?" label.
  • It does it for you but here. . .

%spinfile-names.dat%{.|-|_}%spinfile-lnames.dat%{%random-1-100%|}@yourcatchalldomain.com

Of course this {.|-|_} is just switching up these 3 options.

And this... {%random-1-100%|}

Is creating sometimes a random number there on end.

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @themalenurse

Here is a slightly extended version of what @backlinkaddict   suggested. I added sub domains to the email

%spinfile-names.dat%{.|-|_}%spinfile-lnames.dat%{%random-1-100%|}@#random[A..Z,0..9].your-catch-all-domain.com
    @royalmice but this subdomain also needs to be supported and added then I guess? I would love to have such thing in my server, but don't see how.
  • @Sven I do believe that some subdomain catchalls are working, but I guess the issue here may be that it if subdomain is not "static", it is now a random "variable" which may cause some issues?

For paid catchalls where they are provided in specific and static format with subdomains, or even created by user,  they should still work?

Would that be correct? 

This is possible, but you also need to make sure that your server understands this subdomain setup. It's no thing you have by default.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Sven said:
    This is possible, but you also need to make sure that your server understands this subdomain setup. It's no thing you have by default.
    @Sven

You need to create a wildcard subdomain like : *.yourdomain.com     the system will change it to /_wildcard_.yourdomain.com

Then you need to create a default address  where to forward all unrouted emails. 

What i used to do is use 1 domain  just to forward all the emails to and then all my other domains i want to use for the emails will redirect all unrouted emails to that 1 email account. That is better than having a default address on the same domain, so now i have say 30 domains set up with wildcard sub domain and catchall , and all these 30 will forward all unrouted to the 1 mail account.

Here is a sample what the import file would have looked like:

In the below sample , the  domain used for wildacrd emails was .get-bitcoins.club  and the email account where all the mail was forwarded to was  mail@blog-stuff.com and that is then where GSA connected to to retrieve the email
    %spinfile-names.dat%{.|-|_}%spinfile-lnames.dat%{%random-1-100%|}@#random[A..Z,0..9].get-bitcoins.club:mail.blog-stuff.com:110:mail@blog-stuff.com:65465sad(&jt:0
    I used to do it like that  five years ago , but i have not been using it lately as i have enought normal accounts, and prefer those over wildcard catchalls.

PLEASE NOTE NONE OF THE DOMAINS IN ABOVE SAMPLE IS ACTIVE, AND THE PASSW IS JUST A RANDOM PASSW. SO HOPE SOME SMART ASS DONT TRY TO USE IT.

• royalmice  nice someone else who reads the docs and tinkers  ;)
    @#random[A..Z,0..9]
    So I to be clear for others, by default, the [CATCHALL?] button in the SER email editor is creating this currently. . .

%spinfile-names.dat%{.|-|_}%spinfile-lnames.dat%{%random-1-100%|}@yourcatchalldomain.com (or whatever TLD)

This is using spin file macro for a first name and spin file macro for last name.

Of course this {.|-|_} is just switching up these 3 options.

And this... {%random-1-100%|}

Is creating sometimes a random number between 1-100 there on the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIP =  shared this before answering users question, but right click on desktop SER and select "open file location" . . . Now you should be in GSA SER main folder and click on "Engines" ... here you can access the .dat files on top and or extend them if you wish. You will see occupation, tv series, studies etc (the whole 9). 

These macros can all be used to make your SER data fields more related and unique. You can adjust them here but also insert them into project by right clicking where you see macro and variable options. (shared post about this as well)

PRO TIP = You will see "general_image.png" on way bottom. This is default example ;);)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But if you want to go beyond that (not purchasing subdomain catchalls) but creating them on your own server you will need to have access to server where you can tweak further like royal had mentioned.

Of course you will need full access to this server to adjust, it won't work just default like @Sven mentioned.

royalmice I do agree because of troubles mentioned of domain blocking we spoke of in another thread it's useful for somethings only, I am not a huge fan of these subdomain or even spun sub-domains for the most part.

The only paid catchalls I have tested recently, seem to work great and come in nice format for all your SEO tools with good tutorials was https://gsaser.net (forgot to add them to spotlight as service that I had used and worked easy with good support, sry about that!)

I think its best to mix them up. So using  x amount from here, x amount from here, x amount from here and adding in some catchalls is likely going to give best results.

I wonder about leaving a few emails "unchecked" as in used for verification only would help? I have tried this but did not have and clear indicator as to how it affects speed and success rate. . .
    @backlinkaddict 

I believe the  key is not to only use emails from one provider, because it is possible that the mail server (smtp) ip  of that provider get blacklisted on stopforum spam or some other list, and then all his emails will be burned, because many host providers load the list of sites like Stopfourm  spam into Exim  mail software on cpanel or even sites like wordpress, joomla, and Drupal can install software to block comment or conatct form spammers -  for instance i use a service called https://cleantalk.org/  and if you are a spammer, or a contact form  blaster then you will have hard time getting thru to my contact forms or comment sections.

It is best to use a mix of emails, from several providers and then also get free  to create emails  such as hotmail, yahoo, and so on. Unfortunately Google changed there policy  recentely so creating bulk gmails is no no longer an option when you want to use app password.

But just use as many emails from as many providers as possible, including those from your own server.

• I was agreeing with you mentioning we've kinda had this discussion before. . .

royalmice I do agree because of troubles mentioned of domain blocking we spoke of in another thread it's useful for somethings only, I am not a huge fan of these subdomain or even spun sub-domains for the most part.

And this current thread here. . .

I think its best to mix them up. So using  x amount from here, x amount from here, x amount from here and adding in some catchalls is likely going to give best results.

I'm in total agreement diversity is key!

Especially, if looking to make successful SER campaign to get decent verified links that stick, get indexed and provide ranking results. Though, I cannot comment on any other catchall provider, as I have no used them. If I did, I'd be lying.

Also, it's very likely that you don't get spammed from GSA SER anyways because some of the engine scripts have the "URL must have" parameter and engines scripts are set like this. . .    

url must have=!asiavirtualsolutions

Also, it's very likely that you don't get spammed from GSA SER anyways because some of the engine scripts have the "URL must have" parameter and engines scripts are set like this. . .    

url must have=!asiavirtualsolutions

Could you please elaborate on what you mean here? I am not sure I understand.
    I am aware of a "URL Must Have"  in the Tier filter option when creating multiple tiers, but I don't know where else this option is. 

• Sorry, missed your comment here is helpful image explaining. . .

page must have=
    or
    page must have=!

Are ways to filter out the domains that pop up when parsing search that clearly are not what we are looking for. . .

@backlinkaddict

Oh, ok, now I understand. I'm not sure why that is there.
    Thanks
    That one was added because there ones where sublinks with footprints on it and then it accepted that as a target.
    Thanked by 1royalmice