Skip to content

Seeking Expert Advice and Tips

Hi everyone in the forum! I'm new to GSA SER and seeking some advice on how to effectively use it. I've had GSA SER for a few months, but only recently started diving into it seriously. Despite watching numerous tutorials and reading the manual, I still have some specific questions for experienced GSA SER users.

1. Generally, GSA SER is recommended for tier 2 and tier 3 backlinks, but I'm curious about the potential for creating tier 1 backlinks too. On gsaserlists.com, I came across the Web 2.0 addon, which suggests the possibility of using GSA SER for first-tier links directly on your main site with this addon and quality link lists. I'm eager to hear your thoughts on this before I start focusing on tier 1 links, and then move to tiers 2 and 3.

2. While setting up a new project in the Data section of the settings, there are placeholders like %spinfile-names.dat%, %url%, %columnspinfile-address_data.dat-5%, etc. I assume these require editing the corresponding .dat file for GSA to use the data input. However, I'm not sure where to locate these .dat files for editing. Any guidance on this?

3. I plan to use a catch-all email address from my domain for email verification. I remember a tutorial that demonstrated how to spin characters so that GSA can generate numerous emails directed to the catchall email address, but I didn't save it. Could you provide some tips on this?

4. I'm moving to a Windows VPS soon and would appreciate your recommendations on the number of threads to use for a system with 4GB E3 Processor, 4GB RAM, 6 Cores, 80GB SSD Storage, 1Gbps Unmetered Bandwidth, 1Ipv4, and 10 private proxies.

Tagged:

Comments

• Right click on SER desktop and open file location, click on engines and the .dat files should be on top there.

Most files you can and should edit/extend for better results.

The catchall macro is in the email by default now, create catchall.

If you plan to parse search for sites, 10 proxies will be banned quickly. Maybe for posting but if you build many links from same small number of proxies your leaving a footprint that can be found easy.
    I see, thank you. So how many proxies do you recommend?
  • I dont really have one, so many factors involved just in proxy side not to mention how many projects your trying to make or threads you plan to run etc

likely the most google passing proxies you can find and afford for your needs

As always, thank you for your input. Do you think getting the GSA proxy scraper would be better since running several threads and projects require lots of proxies?
  • cherubcherub SERnuke.com
    For your Windows VPS I would probably up your ram to 8GB, especially if you're running SERLib and any other software like captcha breakers. I've run several X-8GB packages from solidseovps that work well with SER: https://www.solidseovps.com/baseline-x.php