Skip to content

How to measure keyword popularity difficulty?

I've just watched a video explaining the Keyword tool, but some of the info seems a bit outdated. What API, integrated with this keyword tool, would you recommend  to calculate the popularity and difficulty (such as DA or PA) of a set of keywords? any idea on how much it would cost per 1000 keywords?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    DA/PA is per domain/site not related to a keyword!?
  • Yeah, if you use Keywords Everywhere in your browser anyways for research and have API credits you can pop them into GSA Keyword Researcher also.

I think credits start at 10 bucks to and they last a bit, there's other options to in their.

Then every service/tool usually has some type of score they have come up with in general, say 1 to 100, then you can grab a list of keywords and filter for at least 1.00 CPC so you know there is at least some commercial value, maybe at least 1000 monthly searches so you know theres some traffic, then filter by the score generally under 30 are easier to rank for and make a list which you generally continue till you have a list of good keywords your domain can rank for if you provide good content and get some links. 

You would then use DA/PA to compare your site against whats currently ranking to get an idea if maybe your site can compete for the keyword in question.

Just quick example...

• edited April 2
    Thx for your answers. I'll rephrase my question. I used to use Long tail pro, that tool gave a fast way to select keywords, comparing its popularity and competitiveness (of course the goal is to select keywords with medium /high popularity and low competitiveness).In other words, keywords that bring traffic and are easy to rank. I want to work with multiple projects, and hundreds of keywords. Therefore, i dont have much time to spend analysing in detail every specific keyword. I just want a fast way to select the keywords.

After watching this video:

I see the tool provides a SEO-score, but that is based only in onpage seo factors. I wonder if there is any way to use a keyword seo Score that takes into account the PA or DA of serps appearing in the top top 10. I understand you can click every keyword and see that info, but working with thousand of keywords that does not seem to be feasable.

Thanked by 1Kaine
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You are right, DA/PA could probably added to the SEO Score. However, that would put the focus too much on one of the sites which is not really focused on the keyword but other factors. To be honest, I think the way it is now, is correct.
  • Do you mean filtering options which when set would filter down to just a smaller better list related to your needs, there's plenty options there in that sense, also to group and tag keywords how you like.

GSA Keyword Researcher, you can just get keyword metrics if you like, or do quick or full competition with report.

They are also being marked by intent as well.

There's a scraper for getting keywords from every imaginable source too.

Maybe, I'm missing your point too, but wouldn't the domain of the domain your going to be using  the keyword on matter in comparison of the domains DA/PA in Serps (your competition) matter more. So like if your website is even strong enough to compete - not really related to keyword so to speak?

If we are talking Long Tail Pro from Market Samuari days well if you liked those tools then this tool you'll find way more useful I think. Plus, videos are kinda old some suggestions are now baked in by default.

And long tail pro its monthly fee for free slow data last time I used it, it was super slow and support told me they had no plans for proxies!

I have/has all 3 of these tools so I am familiar with them. What feature are you missing, exactly?
  • edited April 3
    Do you mean filtering options which when set would filter down to just a smaller better list related to your needs, there's plenty options there in that sense, also to group and tag keywords how you like.

GSA Keyword Researcher, you can just get keyword metrics if you like, or do quick or full competition with report.

They are also being marked by intent as well.

There's a scraper for getting keywords from every imaginable source too.

Maybe, I'm missing your point too, but wouldn't the domain of the domain your going to be using  the keyword on matter in comparison of the domains DA/PA in Serps (your competition) matter more. So like if your website is even strong enough to compete - not really related to keyword so to speak?

If we are talking Long Tail Pro from Market Samuari days well if you liked those tools then this tool you'll find way more useful I think. Plus, videos are kinda old some suggestions are now baked in by default.

And long tail pro its monthly fee for free slow data last time I used it, it was super slow and support told me they had no plans for proxies!

I have/has all 3 of these tools so I am familiar with them. What feature are you missing, exactly?

Long tail pro is now a monthly fee, (and expensive), long time ago it was a one-off fee.

What feature are you missing, exactly?

Essentially, what I lack is a rapid method to pinpoint keywords based on their ranking difficulty. For instance, if I aim to rank for words like xxx and yyy, encountering search engine results pages (SERPs) where word xxx is predominantly dominated by pages with a Domain Authority (DA)/Page Authority (PA) of over 60 in the Top 10 positions indicates higher difficulty compared to keyword yyy, where SERPs display pages with DA/PA scores below 30. IMHO, an ideal SEO score  should integrate information about the DA/PA of the top 10 results.

• Yeah, lots of those one off fees from older tools are now monthly if they still exist, so if you don't have copy from back in the day, your hit!

I had some shared licenses and even those got deleted from some software access.

Sometimes, its the way it has to be as the data grabbing is not getting any cheaper or easier but sometimes, it's greed!

Fr example, even building a tool on my own, I would still have some costs or credits to buy to make it useful.

That's whats great about this type of workflows and GSA tools in general.

So the data is all there in GSA Keyword Researcher that any other tool provides and more.

This is example of "quick research" there is a "full" which can provide a report of things wrong with a domain to so this can be good to send report to potential clients as a customer aquisition tool. 

Can white label it to, for free!

Is this what you mean? Be able to use Domdetailer to update DA/PA here as well? 

To compare to domain you have? So almost like having the Moz bar ext info enabled while looking at SERP's manually?

Generally, if it green all the way across, you have a decent domain and you optimize good content (there is also article creator as one of many other extra features here too) you may be able to rank relatively easy.

The one I outlined seems to be ranking on age of domain and its using synonym of keyword at first glance.

Is this what you mean?

Do you currently have any of these softwares, or are you just watching older videos trying to decide what to buy? Or you have the tool and are requesting a feature. I am confused about that.

• To get the DA you have to click the keyword and then see the top 10 serps. Also SEOscore given by the keyword research tool (0 to 100, if im not wrong) only takes into account on-page seo factors, and none of the DA of competing sites. To me, ideally would like the following:

Keywords 1--------Popularity----------------SEOscore that takes into account SEO on page and DA of competing sites
    Keywords 2--------Popularity----------------SEOscore that takes into account SEO on page and DA of competing sites
    Keywords 3--------Popularity----------------SEOscore that takes into account SEO on page and DA of competing sites....

You see know what I mean?

• To be honest not really understanding, 

the DA of the competing sites of the main domain, or trying to compare PA of the page related to the related keyword search and whats currently ranking, the URL PA factored into the SEO score?

When I think of that I think of these parasites that are ranking for no reason everywhere and I would think that it would maybe affect the quality of that score. Like you'd have to check anyway, are these sites ranking just because  there's nothing better optimized there or are they all heavily optimized authority sites? , but these parasites, some are marked in their already and though it may seem like a competitive search, if you look at the details, likely I feel you would find that there are chances to rank even easier than that score might lead you to think . 

I just don't see a more helpful score coming from that, more then whats already there.

But maybe I'm just not completely understanding it from your POV correctly, doesnt mean its not great idea, though

• edited April 6
    To be honest not really understanding, 

the DA of the competing sites of the main domain, or trying to compare PA of the page related to the related keyword search and whats currently ranking, the URL PA factored into the SEO score?

When I think of that I think of these parasites that are ranking for no reason everywhere and I would think that it would maybe affect the quality of that score. Like you'd have to check anyway, are these sites ranking just because  there's nothing better optimized there or are they all heavily optimized authority sites? , but these parasites, some are marked in their already and though it may seem like a competitive search, if you look at the details, likely I feel you would find that there are chances to rank even easier than that score might lead you to think . 

I just don't see a more helpful score coming from that, more then whats already there.

But maybe I'm just not completely understanding it from your POV correctly, doesnt mean its not great idea, though

• So I guess like the image I posted, but also with the average of the DA for that SERP page?

Still think you'd need to factor in the quality of content you create for the keyword and the metrics of domain you will be posting it on . . .