Skip to content

GSA SER links not showing up on Ahrefs

JulJul Latvia
I've been playing around and studying GSA SER for some time now, but I came across a major problem that I need to fix ASAP. Any help, comment or a tip will be much appreciated.

I have been testing GSA SER and so far the tool seems very solid. I mean getting tons of tier 2 links with a click of a button is crazy. 

Now I set up GSA to build some .gov & .edu links + some niche relevant links for my own domain. It's been a week now since I have been running these links to my own site (so far I've got around 800 links)

The problem is that when I go on ahrefs I see no results, the backlinks are the same as before and no GSA generated backlink is nowhere to be seen on ahrefs or any other seo tool.

I would really appreciate if someone could explain to me why my GSA links doesn't appear on ahrefs and what are my best options.
Tagged:

Comments

• These third party tools are their own databases.

Some let you add links.

You likely wont find tier 2 links their either, need tool like Backlink Monitor by Inspyder to track your GSA Tiers.

Also, if you are building a few links on their own pages so its a new page with no links pointing to it from the start, maybe building some tiers to the link and send it to indexing service so it can be found.

A link really wont be found in its own these days without more links and indexing help.

Worth noting that these tools like Ahrefs may find links but I wouldnt assume that they are indexed and providing any ranking power to your links until google indexes them up and deems them worthy.

So more quality links to tier 1, add some tiers and send to indexing. Also, some link types may not get indexed very easily.
    Thanked by 1Jul
  • JulJul Latvia
    Thanks backlinkaddict

So basically I need to build more quality backlinks to my T1 links and send them to indexing services (for example SpeedyIndex) and just hope for the best?

My main objective now is to gain more referring domains to my website to show up on these SEO tools such as Ahrefs and Semrush. Is it possible to do with just GSA SER? 

• Sure, but quality over quantity especially for tier 1 links.

It good to have links from other sources too.

If you have a small number off referring domains maybe go easy to start.

And yes if the links stick for a bit, and they are of quality and anchors your after, you def want to get them indexed!

I usually build or have someone else build some main social media profiles, some would call foundational links and tie them all together, get the sites blogs posts and service pages out as content on these sites too.

This is super natural linkbuilding. And it seems to act as buffer.

Lots of these sites support adding all your social media profiles to each site. Pain in the arse, but worth it in some cases.

I would not avoid some of the social bookmarking sites that turned into popular news sites even though they are no follow. 

Google seems to love and crawl those types very quickly.
  • JulJul Latvia
    Seems like a lot of work  :open_mouth: , for me SEO is just a side learning project (doing it for only 3 months now), so I can aim for new opportunities in the future.

For now I am just trying to boost my site quick with as minimal budget as possible.

Would it be a good play to build .gov, .edu and some niche relevant links trough GSA and then getting indexing services to index them?

• Of course, it can be harder and take time to get better quality links.

boost my site quick with as minimal budget as possible.
    This seems usually not the best idea. . . . if only it were that easy.

It depends on a lot of things, but generally, you would want to aquire higher authority backlinks from a diverse amount of ip's and platforms while trying to keep them related, I think.

Thanked by 1Jul
  • KushphktKushphkt TMobile
    Seo is not easy or budget friendly... But it's worth... I don't think you will be able to create niche related links with gsa and with that you going to loose lof of resources and valuable links. Also it's not worth at all. Instead build few tier 1 links yourself then use gsa best engines toget indexed... Speedindexer good but ifs not needed as long as you have gsa. That my opinion.

Thanked by 1KeywordKing
  • I did recent test, used higher quality sites mostly using serlib and some self scripts, I created a few very similar projects and let site for month and no index.

Some small tiers were built to some and some pings were done to some. Three months later still no links indexed, then send to speedy indexer and within a day or two most links were indexed that had not been.

Also, in ahrefs, and semrush picked up 7 new keywords from these recent indexed links. I did send ones with pretty aggressive anchor text too.

Discussion/results is here: Some recent thread called Indexing Service Mystery - Dead Honest Case Story

This is 100 percent my own results from testing, it was not incentivised, it took total of about 5 months to create projects let sit and do testing.

Sure you can create niche related links with GSA, working scripts that use keywords to find related sites will find sites on platform related to your keywords that you add to project. 

That's what these are for. So if for example, you tried grabbing some forums or wordpress blogs using footprints and keyword "dog training" its is trying to find you wordpress sites or forums related to "dog training"

Keywords are used and added to footprints to search for targets, some engines used some don't by default. You can also tick option [] always use keywords to find targets.

There are times when adding a stop word can get more related results and parse deeper if there and enough results. I would suggest no to use the default list though. Get a small list of stop words in your language and paste over the default ones.

You can tick to add stop word with 5-10 percent, or whatever you like. Sometimes this helps, you can also test around with FP Studio and see what your getting for results for whatever footprint in whatever engine. 

If find something good then add as custom footprint. Now you will likely get more sites then other users for that engine so long as you adding good footprints.

Even if SER gives trouble parsing engines these footprints can be used in other parsers.
    Thanked by 1KeywordKing
  • Kushphkt said:
    Seo is not easy or budget friendly... But it's worth... I don't think you will be able to create niche related links with gsa and with that you going to loose lof of resources and valuable links. Also it's not worth at all. Instead build few tier 1 links yourself then use gsa best engines toget indexed... Speedindexer good but ifs not needed as long as you have gsa. That my opinion.

I did recent test, used higher quality sites mostly using serlib and some self scripts, I created a few very similar projects and let site for month and no index.

Some small tiers were built to some and some pings were done to some. Three months later still no links indexed, then send to speedy indexer and within a day or two most links were indexed that had not been.

Also, in ahrefs, and semrush picked up 7 new keywords from these recent indexed links. I did send ones with pretty aggressive anchor text too.

Discussion/results is here: Some recent thread called Indexing Service Mystery - Dead Honest Case Story

This is 100 percent my own results from testing, it was not incentivised, it took total of about 5 months to create projects let sit and do testing.

Sure you can create niche related links with GSA, working scripts that use keywords to find related sites will find sites on platform related to your keywords that you add to project. 

That's what these are for. So if for example, you tried grabbing some forums or wordpress blogs using footprints and keyword "dog training" its is trying to find you wordpress sites or forums related to "dog training"

Keywords are used and added to footprints to search for targets, some engines used some don't by default. You can also tick option [] always use keywords to find targets.

There are times when adding a stop word can get more related results and parse deeper if there and enough results. I would suggest no to use the default list though. Get a small list of stop words in your language and paste over the default ones.

You can tick to add stop word with 5-10 percent, or whatever you like. Sometimes this helps, you can also test around with FP Studio and see what your getting for results for whatever footprint in whatever engine. 

If find something good then add as custom footprint. Now you will likely get more sites then other users for that engine so long as you adding good footprints.

Even if SER gives trouble parsing engines these footprints can be used in other parsers.

Agreed both of you. 

doing niche targeted link building with  SER is wasting time and money.  Plus i personally hate serlib with too much restrictions (thread limits etc)  instead i still use default GSA engines mostly on tier 2. But i still use good link lists with only articies for tier 1.  Anyway thats me.  ranker x sites seems to be get indexed faster than serlib. 
  • KeywordKing I was saying you can do niche related with SER, if you wish.

I like the whole Idea of serlib! 

More for creating you own engines though not sure current state as I havent heard from @alitab, hope hes ok. . .

I want a browser I can program good sites into SER. To do this it has to be limited browser threads (SER can only use 4GB) max. Working in browsers with javascript and webdriver is resource intensive. And some of these engines need to be filled out very slowly just as a human would or they get deleted anyways.

I don't see a point to crank up some of the site scripts speed so they fail or get deleted. Some of these are good tier one assets.

There is huge difference in browser vs socket based scripts too. I think this is causing some confusion. This mouse movements and human emulation are 100 percent needed to get a successful scripts on some of these sites.

I use a wait for text and a wait time between every command for some engines.

When you paste, paste, paste and hit register in .5 seconds these sites will fail or redirect you elsewhere.

Ive even seen it say "hold on your typing to fast, are you human?" when testing.

So some of these things that would "slow ser down" are needed. I really hope these projects that integrate a way to easy write scripts in browser for any site is added very soon to SER.

I have one script the variable wont be put into field until browser knows the mouse has been hovered/dragged over field, and its still tricky.

I don't know maybe best to use license manager and keep scripts elsewhere, Im still on fence thinking about best way to do all this.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions

Jul said:
    I've been playing around and studying GSA SER for some time now, but I came across a major problem that I need to fix ASAP. Any help, comment or a tip will be much appreciated.

I have been testing GSA SER and so far the tool seems very solid. I mean getting tons of tier 2 links with a click of a button is crazy. 

Now I set up GSA to build some .gov & .edu links + some niche relevant links for my own domain. It's been a week now since I have been running these links to my own site (so far I've got around 800 links)

The problem is that when I go on ahrefs I see no results, the backlinks are the same as before and no GSA generated backlink is nowhere to be seen on ahrefs or any other seo tool.

I would really appreciate if someone could explain to me why my GSA links doesn't appear on ahrefs and what are my best options.

Oh, noticing your links aren't popping up in Ahrefs, huh? Let's unpack that a bit, keeping it chill and straightforward. Think of Ahrefs as one tool in the big SEO toolbox—it's handy, but it doesn't have the mega reach or the super-fast update speed of Google. Here's the lowdown on why your links might be playing hide and seek in Ahrefs:

1. Tiny Database vs. Google's Gigantic One: Imagine Ahrefs and Google's databases in a size contest—Google's is like an ocean, and Ahrefs'? More like a lake. It's vast, sure, but can't hold every single link Google can.

2. Crawl Speed: If Ahrefs were a car, it'd be cruising the streets less often than Google's racecar. That means it's naturally going to spot new stuff at a slower pace.

3. The No-follow Sneak: If a link says "no-follow," it's like it's telling Ahrefs, "Maybe don't count me in?" But it's not about them being less important; they just play a different game.

4. Low Authority Links: Ahrefs tends to spotlight the links from the cool and popular sites. So, if a link comes from a site that's not the talk of the town, it might not get the Ahrefs spotlight.

5. Technical Hurdles: Think of this as doors that are sometimes hard to open—like tricky scripts or pages that don't link to each other. It can keep Ahrefs from seeing everything clearly.

6. Crawl Budget: Imagine Ahrefs has a limited amount of energy to check out sites. It's gotta pick and choose, so it might not catch every nook and cranny of larger sites.

7. The Case of the Missing Links: Sometimes links vanish or change by the time Ahrefs comes back for a visit. So, it's like chasing shadows from its last trip.

Now, Here's the Real Talk:

Don't sweat it too much if Ahrefs isn't showing all your links. What you really want to eye is how you're doing on Google. After all, that's where the party is. Here's how to keep tabs on the real deal:

• Google Search Console: This is your backstage pass to see how you're doing on Google. It's straight from the horse's mouth, showing you which links are pointing your way and how you're showing up in search.

• Google Analytics: While it's not dishing the dirt on links directly, it tells you who's coming to your site and how. It's like tracking footprints back to your door, showing the impact of those links.

So, yeah, Ahrefs is cool for some insights and keeping an eye on the competition. But when it comes to knowing how you stand with the big G (Google), that's where you want to focus your energy. Google's tools are like your SEO BFFs—always there with the real scoop. Keep it light, and keep aiming for Google's good books. That's where the real action is!

• Are we just posting AI responses as replies now?  :|
  • IDK, looks like people are just {Unlocking|Unleashing} their full {author|influencer} potential! to me. . . :D 

I guess easy to say, It "really doesnt matter" whats going on in Ahrefs, Semrush, SeRanking, Spyfu, Majestic, Seo Spyglass or any other DB's as far as links, compared to database which Google has which is bigger and faster and cares less about majority of those shit links you see, as far as giving rankings.

These are just helpful indicators so SEO's are not flying completely blind, making marketing decisions, especially with your link building campaigns. 

Some of these are just emulating PR/metrics in their own way, with there own "scores" but also user experience signals are factored in and better believe Google cares more about that than if your Ahref's is saying your domain is DR60 for example.

If your content is shit and not helpful/related to begin with, maybe go back to square one.

You can get a DA PA UR that is high and still a small new site with a handful of very, very good links, on sites with traffic, sending  refferral traffic, getting clicks and longer visitor session duration times, should rank above others with higher "DR".

If not done yet, then just add some amazing content on a linkedin page, Reddit posts/group, Medium post, strikingly blog, Facebook page, or any other Parasite types that seem to be hoarding the first page more and more recently.

Of course linking to your money page, likely you'll see these properties ranking over what your trying to rank helping you "own" that serp with multiple properties being yours ranking now.

I think building/getting links from these sources is better time spent than trying to over analyze some generic metric.

You also have to realize these other databases are different and update differently and at different times. They are not affiliatted with Google, they are trying to provide metrics Google hides.

What matters more is whats crawled and indexed in Google, not another database.

That being said, I do think majestic trust flow and topical categories are pretty good metric to guess with.

• Jul said:
    Thanks backlinkaddict

So basically I need to build more quality backlinks to my T1 links and send them to indexing services (for example SpeedyIndex) and just hope for the best?

My main objective now is to gain more referring domains to my website to show up on these SEO tools such as Ahrefs and Semrush. Is it possible to do with just GSA SER? 

From my experience this is the case. I continually receive notifications from Ahrefs with the data of backlinks with different placements, but this does not happen immediately, you have to wait at least 3 or 4 months to receive the first good results. But they will come. Furthermore, you will see that you will lose many Nofollow backlinks on sites with low DR while you will receive a few more Dofollow ones which will instead be placed on sites with very high DR such as 51-70 or 71-90. Satisfaction comes but it takes some time.
  • Also, using and indexing service that will actually get your links indexed quickly, (granted you are building good links and posting unique content) you see results faster and your results will be better for Google (as far as ranking and indexed links) but as mentioned above, it may take some time for newly ranking keywords and backlinks to show up in some of these tools DB's. 

Especially, if using the free versions that auto email you changes. I don't think its their highest priority for free users to get fresh data. And some you cant refresh data if you don't pay and even thats restricted.

Don't get me wrong even, the free Ahrefs and Semrush for sites you own can be super helpful!

Just have to wait for results to show and be patient!