Skip to content

error after a few minutes of operation

Hello, after turning on the GSA Search engine, a few minutes after starting the program, I get an error since the last update, how can I fix it, it's terribly tiring

I'm grateful for the advice
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I guess it's too many threads/projects running.
  • I have heard other people say they like like 20-25 tier/projects running per license as well.

I think Sven is right. 

Then there is spinning, how many articles you have, what your telling SER to do, 500 threads, that's a lot of tasks switching back and forth.

I can run 800 on smaller amount of projects fine though.

I noticed when I get error its usually testing, scripting or when some setting is way off probably confusing something.

That's just me though...
  • AllanAllan seoservices.com.br
    Sven said:
    I guess it's too many threads/projects running.
    This is not a problem with Threads, I ran many campaigns, edited everything, and when I went to check, nothing had been modified on the disk.

After this last update there is a problem with the GSA.
    I have 8 campaigns just doing rechecking, and still the problem persists.
  • So your getting the error pop up frequently no matter what you try?
    So your getting the error pop up frequently no matter what you try?
    yes
    @Sven I sent you a private message with a video with the error that appears.
  • Allan said:
    @Sven I sent you a private message with a video with the error that appears.
    This happens regardless of the threads, the error occurs in various situations, even if I have threads set to minimum, e.g. when sending data to the GSA indexer, or if GSa is verifying links, sometimes the error appears after a minute and sometimes after 10 minutes it is a bit irritating and I have to solve this problem, I only have 4 projects so it's not a crazy amount
  • edited March 27
    Hi Swen,  I am getting the exact same error after installing the last upgrade. I can only run one project at a time at a very low thread count, if I am lucky. But after a minute or two, the error pops up. I tried at least 25 times, with different amount of threads, but it seems a little hopeless with the errors continuing, at the moment.  Sven, thanks for your attention in the matter.

• edited March 27
    Hi Sven,  I sent you a PM.

hmm, I can't seem to find what this is causing but 25 projects with 1500 threads sounds a lot and probably too much.
  • Sven, I am not running 25 projects now. I can only run one project yesterday. Today I can run 0 projects. SER will not run without the errors every 1 minute. So I had to shut down SER and the server. I can't run SER now. So, I turned off the server, since I can no longer use SER.
  • 1500 threads?

You must be shelling out some serious cash for quality proxies, emails and content to make that useful and running on a server very long.

I have similar projects and numbers and run small test now and its seems to be working as expected.

Can it be server related? Or maybe you just have it cranked up to high for your settings?
  • edited March 28
    I was running average 10/25 projects/1500-1800 threads on the scheduler for a few weeks with ease. All with little to no issues., until the new update I installed on Sunday or Monday. Now SER will not run on (1) one project 100/Threads without the errors every 1 minute. So I had to shut down SER and the server. I can't run SER now. So, I turned off the server, since I can no longer use SER.
    I have found one possible issue wasting a lot of resources. Lets hope it will fix your problems.
  • I did have similar issue with serlib running and debug mode, It would pop up with error box when running a script and it hit part where it could not move forward or maybe was confused.

It was not normal behavior and didnt last long, likely related to serlib. I havent heard from Ali in awhile so I cant be sure.

I keep getting these updates pooping through thinking they are SER updates but they are not.

I cranked mine up to 800 again and it was working still.

Sometimes it got plenty of proxies I let threads setting sit high and it will not always use all threads, sometimes its quite low for whatever reason, usually just tap on debub mode in advanced and see whats going on. Likely it thinks its banned on search engines when its not, it what I find

Do  you dedupe your sitelists and clean some caches at least every once in awhile?

So you have tried with scheduler and without?    .....hmmmmm?
  • edited March 28
    Sven said:
    I have found one possible issue wasting a lot of resources. Lets hope it will fix your problems.

Yes, I was hoping that I would not have to completely remove GSA SER and all of the SER files and install an older version of SER onto the server from scratch. To have a server and SER just sitting idle, is not much fun.
    I did have similar issue with serlib running and debug mode, It would pop up with error box when running a script and it hit part where it could not move forward or maybe was confused.

It was not normal behavior and didnt last long, likely related to serlib. I havent heard from Ali in awhile so I cant be sure.

I keep getting these updates pooping through thinking they are SER updates but they are not.

I cranked mine up to 800 again and it was working still.

Sometimes it got plenty of proxies I let threads setting sit high and it will not always use all threads, sometimes its quite low for whatever reason, usually just tap on debub mode in advanced and see whats going on. Likely it thinks its banned on search engines when its not, it what I find

Do  you dedupe your sitelists and clean some caches at least every once in awhile?

So you have tried with scheduler and without?    .....hmmmmm?
    I understand that you have advanced knowledge in programming, so it can be easy for you to solve a lot of things using your knowledge and develop some additional scripts to help you.

I have an idea, but my knowledge is not enough to solve some problems.

In the v12.60 update there is a problem, and @Sven just sent an update that solved the bug problems.
    Maximee said:
    Sven said:

Yes, I was hoping that I would not have to completely remove GSA SER and all of the SER files and install an older version of SER onto the server from scratch. To have a server and SER just sitting idle, is not much fun.
    my server has been down for 3 days and I'm waiting for a solution.

@Sven told me that the problem is the size of the articles, but I don't believe it is, because before the update I had 100 links checked per minute and no problems.

I tried to use the macro for the articles but the macro doesn't work.

I have now tried to import the articles folder, but now not even the articles are being imported.

I believe there is a problem with the articles, I am trying to send 417 articles, and GSA crashes when trying to do so.

Sven could create a limitation on the amount of articles in memory and if the user wants to send more, have the macro more clearly so that we can use macros in the article directory.

This is my suggestion, it seems like a simple thing that will help a lot and speed up GSA SER.

Is it possible @Sven?
    The issue is your  6GB import of articles in project editing. This is now partly improved in update (compressed article body).
    The size of articles is no issue when running the project. Just one article is loaded, not all!
  • 6GB of text articles?!? How does that even happen
  • edited March 28
    I would not consider my knowledge of programming advanced by any means, student always, sometimes teaching/helping can be great teacher though, I think.

Yes, 6GB for articles? That's massive!

That's like trying to add a billion rows to spreadsheet. . .

• The message “An error has occurred in the application” constantly pops up, regardless of the number of threads and the number of projects. GSA Ser version is current
  • That happened to me to with Serlib API which scripting. I have remove API and no more of that.

Not certain its serlib specific but maybe using to many softwares together or trying to crammed to much stuff from API's into SER, may you will see this?

Have you tried "dialing things back" ?

Same as issue in Wordpress, probably a plugin sometimes need to find which one is causing the issue. Doesnt necessarilly mean wordpress is having issues or in the case SER.