Skip to content

download failed (SOCK: No Buffer space available)

AllanAllan seoservices.com.br
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I use Serlib, but I notice that GSA creates many processes in the background and they are not closed after finishing, however I see that other URLs also have this problem "download failed (SOCK: No Buffer space available)"

Does anyone have any idea why?

18:35:19: [-] 1088/2501 download failed (SOCK: No Buffer space available) - http://www.romani.info/videos/most-liked/&sort=w

Comments

• AllanAllan seoservices.com.br
    when I kill the processes via cmd, GSA starts working again.
  • I get this error all the time and have been for a while now.   It's something to do with the Chrome driver/browser not closing when using Serlib.  When i don't use it, that error doesn't happen any longer. 

I know Serlib has done several fixes to address this,  I just sent him a message the other day about the same error popping up again,  but I haven't seen a response yet.
    Unfortunately this problem has not yet been resolved, today there was another Serlib update, let's see if @AliTab or @Sven can resolve this issue.

Many Chrome processes start in the background, which ends up locking the system and SER stops working, but sometimes I kill the processes, but I've even had to restart the server to solve it.

I'm hopeful to resolve this issue, GSA BE more amazing every day!
    Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Yeah sadly, that's the only solution i've found,  I'll have over 3-4k processing running sometimes, all due to Chrome driver, etc. etc. and I'll have to restart my Server.    I also found a weird thing where Serlib adds a ton of files to my Program files directory,  and i have to delete them,  sometimes it's over 20 gigs of stuff.  It's deff weird.

Has anyone else seen that same issue?
    Hunar said:
    Yeah sadly, that's the only solution i've found,  I'll have over 3-4k processing running sometimes, all due to Chrome driver, etc. etc. and I'll have to restart my Server.    I also found a weird thing where Serlib adds a ton of files to my Program files directory,  and i have to delete them,  sometimes it's over 20 gigs of stuff.  It's deff weird.

Has anyone else seen that same issue?
    I noticed that one of the servers, the disk filled up quickly, but I hadn't identified it yet.

which directory are the files?

I think this is my problem too...
  • For me it was in my program files.  There was thousands of them.    It's the same on quite a few of my servers.   Not sure where it might be on yours tho?
  • AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com

I've conducted another review of the core codes and implemented a change to ensure browsers are strictly closed after submission. I hope this resolves the issue permanently. The new update is ready, and I'll send it to Sven to integrate it, along with the new support for Hcaptcha and Cloudflare Turnstile.

@Allan, @Hunar, the presence of those files indicates that the Chrome instances aren't closing as intended, as they're supposed to be automatically deleted. Therefore, if this new update resolves the issue, you shouldn't observe files accumulating on your main Windows drive.

Please test this after Sven releases the update and share your feedback in this thread.

Thanked by 1Hunar
    AliTab said:

I've conducted another review of the core codes and implemented a change to ensure browsers are strictly closed after submission. I hope this resolves the issue permanently. The new update is ready, and I'll send it to Sven to integrate it, along with the new support for Hcaptcha and Cloudflare Turnstile.

@Allan, @Hunar, the presence of those files indicates that the Chrome instances aren't closing as intended, as they're supposed to be automatically deleted. Therefore, if this new update resolves the issue, you shouldn't observe files accumulating on your main Windows drive.

Please test this after Sven releases the update and share your feedback in this thread.

Thank you, I'm happy with your quick response, I hope it works.

Have a great Sunday!
    Thanked by 1AliTab
  • AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com

Hello everyone,

Thanks to @Sven, the latest update for SERlib has been released. Please update your SER to the newest version, 17.49, and conduct your tests.

Check it out here: https://gsaserlists.com/serlib-changelog/

Hello,

Unfortunately, the GSA continues to open thousands of processes in the background.

I created a task to kill these processes every hour, but it's still not enough, Windows freezes and it's not possible to kill the processes.

The big problem is Tier 2, I think that because there are many active engines, the GSA ends up crashing, no matter how much I limit the use of windows and threads.

At this moment I will only work with 2 active campaigns per Tier 2, to avoid crashes.

Today delete more than 1 million temporary files that filled the server disk.

• Are you using old windows server such as 2012 R2? we have seen this with older version of windows due to the IE version is phased out and being blocked by many websites as it reached it EOL, likely you are and to fix this you just need a newer version of WIndows that has newer IE as GSA SER relay on it
    I use 2012 and 2016.

2012 is even more problematic, I will update this server soon to reduce these problems.