Skip to content

Re-verification List Removal Settings

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited February 14 in Feature Requests
Hi, Sven and everyone. :) Hoping everyone's week is productive thus far...
Sven, I was wondering: Would it be helpful to add a setting to remove URLs from the re-verification list?

Like, I mean a setting that can:
[X ] Remove URLs from re-verification list on [Y] fails at re-verifying within [Z] time frame

OFC, I'd like to have anything removed all go to a "Dead URL" folder for that project,  just in case any turn back on. SER doesn't need to ever deal with that list, as in being able to auto-import or test. If a user really wants to bother, I guess it's there, but mostly just there to be complete.
I just wonder because I like to re-verify, so having greater control of lists that can get overly large might be cool.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well there is no "reverify list" as such. There is a list of URLs verified, submitted, in queue and one that keeps previously failed verified URLs. If someone really want to recheck there previously failed URLs, he can do so and if that failed again, it is also not kept.
    Sorry, but I think there is no need for an extra option unless I got your suggestion wrong.

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited February 15
    Sven said:
    ...If someone really want to recheck there previously failed URLs, he can do so and if that failed again, it is also not kept....
    Sven, just so I am sure I am understanding this:
    OK; there is a .reverify_failed file corresponding to each project where this file is created upon SER finding a failed re-verify URL on a check of verified URLs, either initiated  by user or project re-verifying. (Is that right so far, Sven?)
    I was just curious if keeping that file trimmed by qualifiers might be useful. (I'm not so sure how SER works regarding re-verification. As far as I could tell, there is no counter as to how many times URL has failed.)

For example, if I have 76,744 failed URLs in the .reverify_failed file, I might not want to keep re-verifying all of the ever-growing list again and again on User Import from Verified URLs pane.
    [X ] Remove URLs from re-verification list on [Y] fails at re-verifying within [Z] time frame
    [XX ]Remove URLs older than [YY] days

I guess if this idea had made sense as a feature, it would probably have to have gone in Project>>data>>options

And, this corresponding set of options in the  Verified URLs pane>>Import Re-verified

[X ] ONLY Re-verifiy URLS from re-verification list on [Y] fails at re-verifying within [Z] time frame
    [XX ] ONLY Re-verify URLs within range of  [YY]to [ZZ] days

I don't know.

Then I am thinking SER could also have this option in Projects:
    [X] Import and check .reverify_failed URLs every [Y] [Z{minutes/hours/days}]

Is it worth it? I re-verify and find many URLs that had been down for a variety of reasons and have returned.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    OK now I understand you. You want to be able to trim his down somehow. I will add some function for this.