Skip to content

SER deleted by Windows

Just discovered my SER having been killed / deleted by Windows.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thats of course not true. I don't know how they can say such crap. A false positive detection of course! Though I will try to check why this happened. But Im sure M$ will not get me details.
    Thanked by 1organiccastle
  • AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com

I experienced the same issue with the latest version.

• AliTab said:

I experienced the same issue with the latest version.

Glad I am not the only one and I trust your servers are at least as clean as mine. Just happened this morning after I upgraded to v17.45 yesterday.
    Thanked by 1AliTab
  • The same thing happened to me in to middle of trying to make some tutorial images late yesterday which cut me short :neutral:

The flow. . .

I had 3 projects running previous night fine.

I clean cache and history and reran projects "fresh" so It was doing nothing "new" it hadn't recently done.

I hit start and in a few minutes it seemed like "SER" had been ripped into the cosmos and I got similar errors.

This is annoying windows defender?

I was not sure if maybe my first VPN was having issue with it and ripped it out but it says "safe" there.

Also, I had been testing "proxy scraper" and The GSA one new version, is new for me testing so I was unsure if maybe that could have affected anything?

In addition, way to go on that @Sven!  Port scanner (I'm aware this is grey area) but also things like the list metrics scanner using Dom Detailer and others I would have never expected that in a "proxy scraper" :)

I was impressed with another similar software but you did a much better job I think with look feel and added features too!

When I try tried to download sersetup.zip again and reinstall it says I was protected from from PUP (potentially unwanted program) or similar I believe.

I have not tried since this A.M though. I will shortly. If I find workaround I will share but maybe already fixed?

I need to as I was working on and trying to add new template also that I guess I lost :'(

Also, after I updated It had changed the "icons" I had set large and up and down, where back to jammed to the top in multiple rows very small  which I kinda explained in a tutorial thing I wrote but couldn't complete, I was unsure if and how this update could have affected that?

• I have not tried since this A.M though. I will shortly. If I find workaround I will share but maybe already fixed?
    Just whitelist in MS Defender and reinstall from "previous version" in GSA folder.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee

• Thanks will try that! I assume it will work.

I noticed MS defender can be very aggressive and when running/actively scanning hogs a TON of resources.

Much more then I would expect!

I wonder why this "GSA Disappearing" happened though, I have not updated windows and project was one I ran after SER update, and then reran them so it was nothing new.

I also had a few new things I was testing so it would be harder to isolate the issue via normal use case for me.