Skip to content

In Active(S) Search Mode, Why Isn't Project Targets Column Value Increasing?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited January 29 in Need Help
I will try limiting searches to Google and see what happens then.

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 29
    OK; I guess I was being impatient.  I never said, or suggested I was the least bit patient! lol :expressionless:
    Both projects set to Active(S) using various engines, as well as projects set to Active(S) just scraping Google...
     (~an hour later) 
    ALL projects now have larger target values in the new column in Projects pane. Sven, this is a great new feature!!! :smile:
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it is updating things each 5 minutes.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    Sven, I've left the projects running for a while, and none of the projects in Active (S) Search Only Mode have a different value in the Targets column yet. Other projects running right now that are similar that are in Active Mode have created new links. What could be happening? Thank you for the help.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    do you see in log that search delivered some new results?
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • I kinda saw simliar things at first, a number in MB like 10 or number in kb like 50kb, for example.

It seemed very random (im aware of 5 minute update) and it was selectively updating some projects that were off, old, hadent been run in awhile and some not. None of these should have been searching for anything so im unclear on exactly what that number was showing me. Nothing in submitted (0) I had made sure and cleared all caches and historys deleted.

Im kinda a neat freak so I pay attention to this stuff and adjust things.

I just hide the screen to the right now as im used to seeing my verifieds or last step we can see all the way to the right so this is were I will set mine.

I was however thinking about the "process" so we set a ----> "status" then a ---> "priority" ... then wait to see what was ----> "submitted" with goal of getting them into "verified" so logically the next step is to get those "indexed" no?

Is there an easy way that we could have an "indexed" there to right of verified. Not needed for any real time updates as I think the user would have to select "projects" and show urls verified and then index check them here "manually".

But can do all projects or certain here.

This number is already being calculated here so maybe it can show on front GUI after user does index check?

Possible add to scheduler "Check(I)" for Check indexed, but idk. This may require a spot near proxy configure for a checkbox and use proxies for "index checking" and and also stable proxies maybe even a seperate list to customize and long delay between each request.

Just a thought I think would be helpful if possible...
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    Sven said:
    Sven, did you mean in the project log as the projects were running?  I did not have this logging to a file, but I can do that and share the results. Have a good weekend.

edited February 4
    Sven said:
    @Sven, I was not logging to a file at the time.  I will do that and share results. Have a good weekend. :)
    I was however thinking about the "process" so we set a ----> "status" then a ---> "priority" ... then wait to see what was ----> "submitted" with goal of getting them into "verified" so logically the next step is to get those "indexed" no?

Is there an easy way that we could have an "indexed" there to right of verified. Not needed for any real time updates as I think the user would have to select "projects" and show urls verified and then index check them here "manually".

@backlinkaddict    Indexed? Is that the goal here? :dizzy:  haha Seriously, though...
    This is a most sensible idea, based on the fact that the process is precisely as you describe.*

The column  doesn't need to update often, really just on a per-project/multi-project basis on a user-initiated Index check, so little slow-down? Maybe a N/A value for projects that have never been checked???????
    The only issue I see in this is that users have to remember that those indexed figures displayed in the column only represent the results of the very last Index Check for each of those projects, whenever it may be that the last check was performed. But... his is a lot (exactly) like how we see Verified List on Project Pane now, no? Until we re-verify, we may have false figures displaying in this column as well, and even be linking to dead posts with active tiers running! :scream::scream::s:scream:
    Way worse scenario. We can auto re-verify at an interval, though, and then the figure in the Verified Column becomes more dependable.
    Maybe Sven really could put in an Active(Index-check only) mode? And/or, in project data options pane, have index check and scheduler as option with toggle for [ ] newly added since last check and [ ] all?

*OFC, for some of us, depending on how we run SER and what our goals are and how we intend on getting there, some links are NEVER intended to be indexed, and not all GSASER engines/platforms are even indexable. Just saying.........
  • Yes exactly, that's what I meant by Check(I) for "index check" and I guess maybe that N/A you speak of can be there as place holder but moving forward color coded like in the link manager?

red= index check never done

yellow= checked some indexed like in the link manager  50/100 as example.

green=  all  indexable links are indexed 90/100

You can always right click, then show all, verified and now you have all you current verified links. This would require very stable proxies as this list could be huge (all).

This can be done on per project level to.

I understand all users goal are different and its just a tool. So I guess maybe in that case you wouldnt care to check on some projects.

But on tier templates building dofollow indexable links, i think this feature would be quick handy for some projects especially.

You say. . .
    "The only issue I see in this is that users have to remember that those indexed figures displayed in the column only represent the results of the very last Index Check for each of those projects, whenever it may be that the last check was performed. But... his is a lot (exactly) like how we see Verified List on Project Pane now, no? Until we re-verify, we may have false figures displaying in this column as well, and even be linking to dead posts with active tiers running! screamscreamsscream"
    ##############################################################################################

This is kinda how it already is especially for the new "column" which I bet will mislead some people and any users making videos will probably assume/explain it like "this is how many links you have left."

So I don't see that being an issue.

Sure there's some room for improvement or changes or possibly ways it can or cannot be implemented.

Just discussion.. between me and you only? LOL

Maybe we should be talking about this in "Feature request" thread or no one might see anyways?