Skip to content

Feature Request: Option to Change Sources for Authority Link Anchor in Article Manager

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited January 28 in Feature Requests
Hi, Sven and GSA pplz. I was wondering if this might be useful, to get a more precise use of the Authority Links feature already in the Article Manager.  So, SER would look for KWs from the KW lis for that project, the anchors, or words in a file, and if there's a match, SER will use some authority link or search there, if no match i guess use random word?

[  ] Insert up to [0 -2] random/authority URLs for [random|KWs|anchors(not %original_anchor_text%)|file] words.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    but you can give it a custom list already!?
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 29
    I only know about the custom list we can create for the Authority Links. I have to work on adding better lists to projects, actually...that reminds me. :yum:

I meant using words/phrases other than randomly selected words as the anchor text for authority links in articles.  I thought it might be better if the authority links are placed over a KW or more relevant phrase or word.
    I guess if SER is choosing a custom anchor word/phrase for the Authority Link anchor, and then checking the article for that single phrase, it's not necessarily likely it will be there.  I guess iterate through the list looking for a match and if none, use a random word? Might this be helpful? Just bc sometimes the phrase chosen could be more relevant.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You can add your generic URLs in two different format as described here: https://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/advanced_setup#generic_urls
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 31
    Ohhh...OKay...this is already possible.  Thank you, Sven. I missed this.

Generic URLs

The file engines/generic_urls.dat holds URLs that will be used to place random URLs in your article (if wanted). You can also add your own URLs in project's article manager with this format.

Format 2: URL#{keyword1|keyword2|…}
    Example: http://www.gsa-online.de/#{GSA|SEO|Search Engine Ranker}

When your article has e.g. the word SEO in it, it can happen, that a Link to gsa-online.de is placed.

• I think you may find alot of what your asking is already possible, always check hints by hovering over, right click and check options, double click on things to pop open and edit further
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee