Skip to content

Wondering about Failed Global List

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
I have been playing with various set-ups for Global Lists.
I am presently using the failed global list  [ ] unchecked, as a read-only Global List pointing at a purchased list.
But I am wondering: Wouldn't Failed be a rich source of potential targets to post to? Running Global Failed list through a project again as a way to be sure everything that can be posted to, was?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Actually not really. This is usually only there to debug things and see why certain engines failed a lot.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • I think this could be a potential place if not using to debug, to import/export lists getting them in the right format (.sl) for SER to work with but I suppose this is why the "custom list" was added? I did it will my bookmarks. Guess it may be easier to "identify and sort in" in some cases though. I guess it depends really on what your doing and how you have things set up. 

Also, I'd keep in mind that these sites have already failed sometimes more then once, so unless you have updated a script on certain engine with changes to work with reason it failed in first place, you will see same result most likely.

I think some off these things you ask, while very interesting, you may find it will require a lot of work and amount of work vs recieved benefit may not be worth the efforts. But this can differ from user to user.

Maybe sven can confirm?
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 28

Also, I'd keep in mind that these sites have already failed sometimes more then once, so unless you have updated a script on certain engine with changes to work with reason it failed in first place, you will see same result most likely.
    Sven said:

Actually not really. This is usually only there to debug things and see why certain engines failed a lot.
    OK. I get it. I am guessing that Purchased Lists for GSA would always work with the boiler-plate engines SER comes bundled with, else how would SER recognize platforms that the list owner scraped using SER engines with added phrases for identifying platforms? (Not sure on this, though, as maybe simply having URLs in a list sub-folder in sufficient for SER to try using that type of engine? Unclear on this!) :dizzy:
    I guess, also, whatever is in the Global Failed list that came from from SER scraping, or SB scraping, also  won't later be a good source of targets if I add identifying phrases to engines, because such targets would have never even made it so far, having just been skipped and not recognized, whichever program was scraping.

What about instances where proxy fails? I am not sure of how that works, I am guessing SER tries a new proxy? What if the next proxy fails, also, and max number of tries is reached? Does that potential link target also go to Failed Global list?
    Many THANKS, @Sven and @backlinkaddict, for the info! :)
  • @Dee no problemo, but also be aware there is a huge difference between using an "identified list" and "verified list"

Also, an "auto approve site list" while similar to "verfied" sometimes these should have sites on engines that are usually moderated more (and sometimes avoided becuase of this) but an honest "AA" list knows which onces on the platform are set to just be approved automatically skipping the moderation step.

Depending on how the seller is defining their lists can affect this too.. People use differnt terminalogy talking about same or similar things which can be confusing.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee