Skip to content

Where do I edit the Footprints?

Is it in the .ini file under SETUP, ''search term=''?

https://prnt.sc/P1Xah0VkGzXM

I'm guessing I can edit out anything except whatever is mentionned in pagemusthave?

I've seen old mentions of SER Footprint Editor: Is that still a thing at all? I can't find anything like this.

I'm learning how to build my own lists using custom footprints.

Any other random tips are welcomed! I'm especially wondering if xrumer to extract my lists's footprint + scrapebox to find new ones are the best way to go about it?

Thank you.

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if you edit it, then only "search term".
    You can also use the "Footprint Studio" via options->advanced->site lists->tools->footprint studio
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Thank you Sven. Every single day I work on my backlink strategy I am mind blown by the features of your software.

So I guess I can skip xrumer then. Just add the scrapebox URLs in the Footprint Studio to extract the footprints?
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Im with you there with the amazing features of software!

So many I sometimes forget where some are. 

I have to say footprint studio is very awesome and a great way to optimize and get more links.

Yes, you can add a list of urls of a certain type and select the engine. Hit analyze and it will quickly go through and gather all similar phrases with percentages and you can create your own custom footprints by simply double clicking on them. 

You can then select a search engine to test against too. 

Hit test and it will go off and search with that footprint.

Now, you can see how many results there are and if indeed there is a good amount of the engine you are looking for in results.

If so you know you created a good custom footprint and can hit add to footprints.

It even lets you know if its already there to not have dups.

I just did it with a list of pligg sites I sourced elsewhere and after adding some new footprints I got pliggs rolling in faster again.

I think some of the default footprints that have been hammered on are auto blocked on some search engines for me.

I have proxies testing good and then "querie may be banned on search engine" by certain footprint it seems.

Footprint Studio is def a very nice "KEY" feature.

Thanked by 2rosath Deeeeeeee
  • Im with you there with the amazing features of software!

So many I sometimes forget where some are. 

I have to say footprint studio is very awesome and a great way to optimize and get more links.

Yes, you can add a list of urls of a certain type and select the engine. Hit analyze and it will quickly go through and gather all similar phrases with percentages and you can create your own custom footprints by simply double clicking on them. 

You can then select a search engine to test against too. 

Hit test and it will go off and search with that footprint.

Now, you can see how many results there are and if indeed there is a good amount of the engine you are looking for in results.

If so you know you created a good custom footprint and can hit add to footprints.

It even lets you know if its already there to not have dups.

I just did it with a list of pligg sites I sourced elsewhere and after adding some new footprints I got pliggs rolling in faster again.

I think some of the default footprints that have been hammered on are auto blocked on some search engines for me.

I have proxies testing good and then "querie may be banned on search engine" by certain footprint it seems.

Footprint Studio is def a very nice "KEY" feature.

Thank you for the input! I guess I'll pick the platform identifier as well to make selecting the proper engine faster. That and scrapebox should do the trick.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • rosath no problem! What I was mentioning though was strickly using the Footprint Studio. You can select the "cms" engine as well as the "search" engine and test all from within Footprint Studio.

A little trick if you didnt know, just focus on the input option field and start typing say "PLI" for pligg and it will zoom right to it.

Rather than thinking you have to scroll through the massive amounts of options like I did when I first started using the program :'(

That is if your not using a predefined template already but I guess it will make creating new ones much faster.

You can do this across the software too and comes in quite handy when trying to select a certain group of say search engines from the almost 3000 that are in their.

Gotta hand it to @Sven - there's literally every option for everything, everyone, every language, every country etc. He's very thorough no doubt about that! :)
    Thanked by 2Deeeeeeee rosath