Skip to content

Buy Lists vs scrape your own. Pro of cons of each

Obviously scraping you own, takes a lot of time, but my concern is that buying the same list than everbody else I will get highly spammed targets. What's your opinion?

Comments

• Scrape your own for niche related links and use certain engines that you know are providing good results.

Focus on those...

You can if you know the scripting language a bit optimize current ones and make your own using scrapebox, footprints and the FP studio if willing to take time.

There's Hrefer to but I dont have it some im no help there.

Check out site "builtwith" has different cms, urls, traffic and could be good way to start/sort a really specific list.

SER is building you a list as you use the software as well.

So many options to tweak and test around with.

It is nice once you have a good list with good templates and then the program can focus more on building links and verifying them.
  • AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com
    Obviously scraping you own, takes a lot of time, but my concern is that buying the same list than everbody else I will get highly spammed targets. What's your opinion?
    The effectiveness varies depending on the strategy. As a list seller, I'm not arguing this point to avoid bias, but it's worth noting that many engines create their own pages. URLs that are heavily populated with links from other GSA users, particularly in blog comments, can be effective for indexing URLs. However, they aren't ideal for first-tier linking to your primary site, though they are useful for indexing your tiered links. Another factor to consider is that scraping requires a unique skill set, which might divert your focus from link-building efforts. If you have the resources and budget, scraping your own list can certainly be advantageous, and there's no debate about that.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Do you need to be a tech-person to scrape your own list? How time-intensive is it?
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Yes, and it does take a "certain skillset", testing, time to learn, extra resources. Plus, other software you may not have, and now with this extra context will agree even more with what @AliTab said since it would apply/be more helpful to you now.
    Thanked by 2Deeeeeeee AliTab