Skip to content

Scraping Proxies

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited January 19 in Need Help
Question: Is it poor practice to use a set of scraping proxies untested against any SEs, but rather just pasing ANON check, if I have a project having many SEs checked off?
Or, should I always test the current set of (scraping) proxies I am going to use for scraping against the SE I am going to be scraping with and limit SEs selected?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I wouldn't invest that much time and simply let it scrape with previously OK tested proxies. And basically, if it is working on google, you can say it is working everywhere.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Sven said:
    I wouldn't invest that much time and simply let it scrape with previously OK tested proxies....
    Sven, I'm sorry I'm so dense. lol Do you mean: 1) OK tested as both anon AND good to scrape Google, or 2) simply tested working and anon? I am guessing you mean passed BOTH tests (1) because that seems to make sense to me, but what do I know! :lol: I just want to be certain I got it right. :neutral:  Thank you for your patience. :innocent:  I really appreciate that you take the time to help.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes...always use anonymous proxies...and if they work on google then they are fine for all. though none google passed proxies are probably still fine for other search engines like bing as they usually don't ban that fast!

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee