Skip to content

Images and SER

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited January 19 in Need Help
What are some approaches?
You can collect images and upload to a  cheap server.
You can put upload them to a site you're trying to rank.
You can leave them where they are and hotlink.
(I mean images that SER calls when creating an article.)

Any advantage to each approach?  Disadvantages?

Thanks!

Comments

• Create your own AI images from a small python script. Cheap and efficient.

https://replicate.com/stability-ai/sdxl?input=python
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 19
    Create your own AI images from a small python script. Cheap and efficient.

https://replicate.com/stability-ai/sdxl?input=python
    Thanks, kindly, for the suggestion, @organiccastle . :) i haven't yet played with AI generation of images. aT ALL. :|
    What's the lag in creation of a new visual? Do you usually create a bunch and then work with those later or do you generate on-the-fly?
    -----
    Re the images:  I have to admit, I really haven't looked at too many engine scripts, even after all these years. :|  As for what I  do know, images aren't uploaded with articles (though I suppose users can add that on a per-engine basis?! Would that require JS or can the SER script be sufficient?) 
    Rather, imaged are  either pointed to via list in a project, or found via SEs upon article generation. So they have to be exist somewhere beforehand! 
    Might it be useful to keep such images for use with SER articles on the target being ranked? I've done that in the past. Haven't in a bit.   Bandwidth and storage issues?? :grey_question:  Yeah; I get that as a possible issue...
    Hmm...The only uploaded images I know of, so far, are the User Pics GSA-SER uses for profiles.

• I create these in bulk and then just load onto my server. Dall-E3 is nice but way more expensive. With the sdxl/replicate thing you can get 4 images in 1024-768px for roughly one Cent! Quality is good and all images are unique.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 19
    I create these in bulk and then just load onto my server. Dall-E3 is nice but way more expensive. With the sdxl/replicate thing you can get 4 images in 1024-768px for roughly one Cent! Quality is good and all images are unique.
    Thanks for the info! I will play with this, hopefully, over the weekend and add the resulting images to what I already have. I always like combining approaches! :cookie::cookie::cookie: