Skip to content

Email Verification Process

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum, also it's my 4th day using GSA.

So my problem is with email verification steps, I receive emails to my own server, GSA read them, but somehow the links aren't verified.
I checked manually, and when you click on the validation link in the emails, it require for most of websites 90%, to click on validate/verify button on their website.

So I have 3 questions:
1 - Does GSA do this, click on link in email, then on the button on the website to activate the account registered?

2 - If GSA can do the above? Then is there a way to set timeout between "successfully registred" + "Email verification" + "Login"?

3 - Is the delay for incoming email is the problem? because when sending emails from gmail to my server email, it takes 30-60 seconds to appear.

Sorry to tag you @sven, but seems you are the only one who can answer this, I searched on the forum for the last 24 hours and can't find an answer.

Thank you

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    1. Yes SER does this automatically. However, make sure it can access the emails and if you are not sure, turn the project status to "verify emails only" via right click and watch the log.
    2. Yes you can set this in project options. It is set to automatic which is different for each engine.
    3. Shouldn't be a problem

Also make sure that proxies are working properly. Sometimes sites are protected via cloudflare and spammy proxies are blocked then

• Thanks for replying back @Sven really appreciate it.

For 3 : Good

For 1 and 2: I marked all emails as unread, started project that have 1500 submitted awaiting account verification with verify emails only, all emails extracted, but only the last 10 received emails were marked as read. Also, I've set the project to not delete emails received until I solve this issue. So, all emails are still on there for those submitted websites.
    Even If I set - When to verify - in project options, let's say 1 day it's still tried to login instantly after registration. I can't see any other settings related to delay login after registration in options. What about .ini files, can I edit that there? if yes what file please?

For Proxies/Cloudflare, I don't think it's the issue here, since GSA is able to register without issue. Also, I'm using good private proxies, I tried few websites with those proxies manually, nothing trigged during visiting the links.

I have read the documentation here to understand how GSA works for the verification steps.
    Script Manual (gsa-online.de)

Also, I checked few .ini files related to articles in here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Engines

Playing with those files may solve the issue, but also may screw it if the program is overwriting those files.

Can't find a way to make a delay between Registration and email verification and login steps.

• Just found the issue now

I started a new project for test, checked "delete message when verification link was found"

Out of 40 emails received, only 5 where deleted, 35 email were read and still on inbox.

Means its a problem in link extraction from messages. Is there a fix for that?

Any solution for that?
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    mrnixdorf said:
    Any solution for that?
    You could also have your mail system auto-delete mail that is older that x days. that keeps your inbox clean, even if what you describe happens, for whatever reason. Just don't set the number of days too low, else you may lose some link opportunities! :anguished:

• mrnixdorfmrnixdorf Earth
    edited December 2023
    Deeeeeeee said:
    mrnixdorf said:
    Any solution for that?
    You could also have your mail system auto-delete mail that is older that x days. that keeps your inbox clean, even if what you describe happens, for whatever reason. Just don't set the number of days too low, else you may lose some link opportunities! :anguished:

Thanks for your reply, but it's not related to my issue.
    The problem I have, is related to email extraction, GSA cant find links on emails extracted.
    Reason : Emails aren't deleted after been read by GSA. "delete message when verification link was found --- Checked"

It seems a bug, I wrote a thread in bug section : https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/33142/email-verification-links-fail/p1
  • Solution Found :

First thing please @Sven delete this thread : https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/33142/email-verification-links-fail/p1
    It was too early to write it.

The problem was related to SSL, as I'm running my own catchall email server.
    My domain names are just hosted without SSL certificate installed, and I was using SSL port in GSA.
    That's what causing the problem, using non SSL port on GSA solved my problem, and links got validated.
    If you want use SSL port, make sure your domains have SSL certificate installed.

I hope it helps
  • Problem still persist, I need to keep switching from POP3 to IMAP server and vice versa each time.
    And use validate emails only

When I start the project with IMAP, when first time extracting links from emails, it works great, in the second time it fails.
    So I need to stop the project and switch to POP3 and start again.
    The first time for POP3 is good, the second time it fail again.

I don't know what may be wrong here, I will make a video tomorrow that demonstrate the issue exactly.
  • Solution found.
    Just for info, it has nothing to do with GSA SER settings, It was my server settings.
  • DerryHowellDerryHowell Kansas
    edited July 5
    I had a similar issue when I first started using GSA. Here’s what I’ve learned:

GSA does click on the link in the email, but it can struggle with the extra step of clicking a validation button on the website. You might need to adjust some settings or use an add-on for that.

Yes, you can set timeouts. I found it helpful to set a delay of a few minutes between registration, email verification, and login to make it seem more natural.

Email delays can definitely be a problem. I had a similar delay and found that using a tool like https://mailtester.ninja/ helped me diagnose the issue. Once I sorted that out, my verification times improved significantly.