Skip to content

Checking references in GSA Ser

How can I check the links in GSA Ser for functionality so that I can load workable links and the success rate is as high as possible? In Xrumer, for example, with the built-in software you can check for 200 OK, find links to registration and posting (although it itself finds them during the registration or posting process)

Comments

• Options > Advanced > Site Lists tab > Tools > Import URLs (identify platform and sort in)
  • cherub said:
    Options > Advanced > Site Lists tab > Tools > Import URLs (identify platform and sort in)
    I know how to do this. I meant how to check and filter links and find out whether they are working or not
  • The only way to check whether a site is working for submissions or not is to try and submit to it and see the result. There is no shortcut.
    Thanked by 1VoldemarPetroff
  • I think SER might be doing what your asking behing the scences possibly.

Xrummer has another helper program Hrefer whlile GSA SER does this in the same software.

In projects that you have in your left pane you can --> show urls --> then "verified" or then use tools like "verify" to index check, ban check, check if live, check if indexable etc from there. Then filter good ones and add back to a project.  

I would read documention as the responses come back color coded and it checks alot of things for you nicely.

I think what your suggestting SER is doing for you as in finding sites from search ---> Identifying(platforms) ----> then submitting---> then veryfing, putting the rest in the "failed" folder.

You can also use "tools" button while in "sitelists" and clean up, remove non working, dudupe, export/import  etc which you may find your software running much better after cleaning up your sitelist as you may be wasting many resources on sites that you cant get link on anyways while using certain lists (depending how you set up)

When you do this you could always export the sites and filter for you needs then import and sort in again as suggestted above.

Or use custom list and put your "good working sites" and read from that folder for certain projects.

Theres also the footprints studio you can modify the footprints to look for new sites. I find some of the footprints in there will ban you in search very fast if its very advanced and long  footprints in a  "search". Sometimes "dumbing" them down may get more sites to check for you while less bans?

I know thats alot off information, theres just so many tools and so many methods inside SER hoping to maybe get you to think outside box and remember something maybe you forgot.

I have same issue sometimes using different tools. Or putting some down for awhile and coming back to them. Trying to remember how i used to do something and or is there a currently better working way can be frustrating?

Hoping thats helpful :)

Thanked by 1VoldemarPetroff