Skip to content

Arm64 - GSA - Question

Hi @Sven

Recently, I've come across these new machines with ARM64 CPU architecture. I'm considering installing Windows on a Linux machine that has this CPU. I'm wondering if GSA would be compatible with it.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Not without some kind of VM or emulation like wine.
  • malcom I recently tried setting up GSA SER on Linux with wine and using winetricks as well as followed some tutorials with debian based kali linux and elementary OS versions.

It was a major pain to get SER to even open up with an error. (think it was extra 32 bit path configuration needed to be changed or something similar)

I figured if it was this hard to get SER somewhat working then I would have more issues further adding other needed software like captchas solving and scraping software etc.

After a week or so  I gave up and just used the opertaing system it was built for.

Just my 2 cents but maybe want to save yourself the hassle and time and just run on the native OS it was designed for.

If you do find A working method Id love to know how and what versions are working for things like this!

-Thanks

• @backlinkaddictI'm not entirely certain, but whether a desktop program can run or not is not solely dependent on the CPU type, but rather on the operating system it is running on.

This is purely theory but If we are able to install Windows 11 Insider Preview on an ARM machine which we can easily do on a linux machine. I believe we should be able to run GSA Ser as well.  because we can install Windows 11 on a Mac machine and seamlessly run any Windows applications on it.