Skip to content

How to disable "url" variable in engine file.

edited April 2013 in Need Help
How I can disable "url" variable in Wordpress Articles engine?

I'm getting many failed submissions because of "1/1 required variable "url" was not used in form." error.

I would like to post links only inside the article not under it.

Is it safe to simply remove:

url=%url%

from engine file?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't think it's that issue. Turn on the debug mode and see if even the right form was chosen. Maybe give me the URL you try to submit to.
  • I think you are right.
    It seems that gsa can not find url variable because it is not able to log into wordpress admin panel.

I think I know why:
    In most of the wordpress pages where I'm trying to post my article password is sent by email but that email content is different from the original wordpress message, so gsa Is not able to correctly scrape password.

I've checked and account data from gsa is not working on websites that it tries to submit.

I found this in engine file that is probably responsible for extracting password from email:

[email_pw]
    type=extract
    front=Password:
    back1=\n
    back2=<
    back3=" "
    remove html=1
    must have=!http://

Is it possible to somehow let gsa know that when "Password" text is not present it should look for something els? I would like to have like second [email_pw] that will work on websites with changed confirmation email.

Thanks a lot for your help Sven :)

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well how does the email content look like that has not "password: xyz" in it? I can only fix it if you provide details.
  • edited April 2013
    Sending you details on pm right now.

• Just to let everyone know Sven fixed this in the newest update :)