Skip to content

Anyone hire SEO people and use GSA themselves?

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited April 2013 in Other / Mixed
I started toying around with GSA after paying some Indian SEO guy $250 a month and thought it would be cheaper and easier for me to do it all myself, so I have been using only GSA for a few months now by myself and the results are very good. However it is impossible for me to do SEO for so many pages of my site since  there are many hundreds. So I am considering hiring an SEO person/freelancer and continue using GSA myself for the 25 projects I am  running currently... Does anyone else do this?

I considered setting up new copy of GSA on a vps server but it's just about finding the time to do it all. Just wondered if anyone does this or any other approach. I really want to find a freelancer that uses GSA given the results are so good :)

Comments

• You don't need to rank all your pages, just the ones that bring in money. Find the keywords with the highest traffic and setup projects for those, for the rest of the "hundreds" of pages you can just stuff them into 1 project and set GSA to make 5-10 links/day for each URL
  • @Musk, what would the anchors be for the "hundred" pages? Generic stuff?
  • I really like the crawl online feature for my very large sites.

• ronron SERLists.com

Along the lines of what @musk said, I create projects for important inner pages, and basically ignore the unimportant ones.

But having said that, I do have a couple of sites where I grouped the inner pages together that were unimportant, and put them in one project, and used general niche words and generic anchors just to shoot in some link juice.

I think it will be extremely difficult to teach someone how to use GSA. Hell, there are users on this forum that struggle everyday with understanding this software. Hell, I learn something new almost every day. Unless you hire Einstein, it is probably a doomed strategy.

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited April 2013
    I'm using Viglink on my site for all pages that bring in money, even if its just a couple of cents a week... But the total number of pages for this 1 website that do that is about 400. And I intend to launch another site for another country shortly, again there will probably be 400 new pages to do SEO for....  Or factoring in the population for this country vs. current country it may be closer to 2000 pages...

@ron you've said before you're an SEO-for-hire person.. where do you find your clients? Do they come directly to you? I never seem to have much like with these freelancer websites in finding anyone decent.
  • you can get clients with many methods such as: email marketing, ppc campaign, forum posting on seo forums..
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @spunko2010 - Don't do that anymore. Clients suck.
  • ^^ I agree, but Im going back to client work to distribute my revenue sources. I've been let down by having "everything online of my own" before.
    Well, looks like i'll be doing it myself just on a VPS server.
  • Gonna ask this here and if I get in trouble... oh well. :D

Got a new client and they have used both www.website.com and website.com for domains. As we all know they are not the same from SE point of view. I am trying to figure if more links to date are going to www.website.com or to website.com. When I do a link comparison it shows exactly same results. Any ideas? Thoughts.

Secondly does anyone know of a good plugin for wordpress that handles inner linking of pages (in content)
  • edited April 2013
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/seo-automatic-links/

Gonna ask this here and if I get in trouble... oh well. ...you know it...
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited April 2013
    @ranknow if you have the .htaccess setup properly, it won't matter if the links point to www or non www, it will just 301 to which ever way you've set it

In theory :D
  • Just setup webmaster tools and set either www or non www as the preferred domain. (I recommend using the version with the most links. Use Ahrefs to find out which one).
  • ronron SERLists.com

Screw google. You need all search engines and browsers to resolve at one address.

Like @davbel said, do it yourself in .htaccess. You should always have it set-up in .htaccess to always resolve to one or the other. Then it automatically flows to the one you want - and you will never have to worry about this issue forever.

Time to put on your bigboy pants. Here's the code to make it resolve to the non-www:

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(.*)$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://%1/$1 [R=301,L]

p.s. www. is so 1990's, argh!

p.p.s. When you set it to resolve like that, it takes all www links built and correctly aims it to the non-www domain, so you get 100% credit for all links.

I always set my sites to www. only. It may be old fashioned but I am a purist :)
  • @spunko2010 - I do client work www.goldmedalseo.com

@ron - I left the www just for you :)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

How 1990's. :( So tell everybody your website address... W......W.....W.....DOT....

I need a drink!

Well I don't tell them, and I don't use them myself... but I just think it looks neater :)