Skip to content

How Much Improvement From CB vs CSX?

edited April 2013 in Need Help
All right...I know I am not going to hear the end of it from some people (probably a lot of people). I have been using CSX (and not CB) - mainly because I bought CSX just before CB came out (dang it!) and I wanted to get some value out of it before I trashed it and spent more on CB.

Now that my confession is out of the way (sorry @Sven)...those of you that may have done any testing along these lines...what kind of improvement can I expect going from CSX to CB. I know things like that are hard to quantify, so I am just wanting a "guess-timate". Can I expect 5% more submissions?...10%...200% (kidding!). Anyone have a GOOD FEELING for it based on using both?

Comments

• I am in the same position. Bought CSX before CB came out and have not taken the plunge yet. It is in my future plans though.
  • Simple answer:

CB > CSX

I can't give you a percentage value, but it is a lot faster in general.  Plus there have been about 5 or 6 updates since I got CB (about 4-6 weeks ago), and only one update in the 6 months I've owned CS.
  • edited April 2013
    cb can be a lot better
    only need some improvements by sven

i see sometimes it is able to solve super hard catcphas while fails epicly at very easy ones

just need more improvements and tuning

if sven can improve brute force, the way it works, make it multi threading
    even we can improve :)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

I have both. My average speed for solving on CB is typically .17 second. Yes, less than two tenths of a second. That really adds up to much faster posting and far more submissions than CSX.

No memory issues ever, like I had with CSX.

In fact, I am so happy with it, I just bought a second CB earlier today. One is just not enough for what I have planned  :)

I will continue to keep and use CSX, just not with SER. I have other programs that can use it, so it is not money down the drain.

But SER is mission critical to my livelihood. So I am going to use CB because it is the better software, and gives me the best results.

• I never use CSX after i purchase GSA CB, if you still use CSX then you are still riding a motorcycle while we have ride a sport car...

Why you do some one still compare to a software that was build and update once a year then compare with a software that update almost ever weeks.

Please let me know, when was the CSX software build? and how many time do they update? then you will know the reason why i never and ever use it again until they realize and update the software frequently like GSA CB.
  • I am sold. CB was already in my future plans. I too already have CSX. If I use CSX as a secondary, will it be an issue? Can using CSX as a secondary captcha service slow down my GSA? I just want to confirm. I figure it shouldn't and can only help. I just to want to know from people who are currently using both if 

first service = CB
    second service = CSX 

will be an issue.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @gamemerlin CS as secondary service is possible but makes not much sense to be honest. The things that can not be solved by CB can most likely not be solved by CS either. So it's a waste of resources. Sure there will be some captchas that CS can solve better for now...but believe me...not worth to mention.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

A bunch of us already tried using CSX as a secondary, but it was a total and complete waste of time and resources.

If you want to build a lot of links fast, just use CB, and set retries=0. In the *time you save by not retrying*, you can be building more links.

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

I know when CB was in its early days, the CSX guys got a bit upset

I did a test, using the same settings at the time and running the same ser version without doing updates

CB + CSX

CSX

CB

CSX on its own was about 85k submissions

CB + CSX 150k submissions

CB 200k submissions

Then there seemed to be a lot of fan boy posts on BHW with dubious tests

Most the captchas in csx came from here after Sven made a tool to share them

• @LeeG - Thanks! That was the kind of "numbers" I was wanting to hear. I was expecting (hoping?) that CB may give a 20-30% improvement. If it gives 100% (or even 50%), I may soon be joining the 100 LpM group.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    There was a very detailed stats thread about CB vs CS. Was the most detailed one I read. Tried to find it for you but have misplaced the link. 

Maybe someone else can find it.