Skip to content

bermanhosting down?

edited April 2013 in Need Help
I see that their site doesn't load... and I cannot connect to my VPS.

Any of you guys, which are using bermanhosting have the same problem?

Comments

• website and my vps working fine here
  • Yes... just noticed that this error was on my side. Something was wrong with my connection...

Now I've got all fixed.
  • I was reading on BHW today about problems with Berman, not answering emails for a few days, not setting up servers for up to 4 days.  People who were commenting had like 1,000+ posts. There were some supporters as well.

So good or not?
  • @sobiman - For me berman it's perfectly fine until now. I've talked to support on live chat and they were very kind. My VPS was setup in less than 1 business day. I'm with them approximately for 1 month and the VPS was good quality. +1 from me until now
  • Thanks @kinglouie, I will give them a try since they are the cheapest.  I guess a good place to start, and move up to powerup if they don't work out for any reason.
  • Exactly. Start small and think how to broaden your business...
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

I know a member on a forum where I help moderate is far from pleased with them

He took out a full years contract with them, to get max discount

He has tried getting a refund and cancelling his contract after suffering a lot of down time, without any luck

He was running his money sites on their servers

After his experience of their hosting, I would steer well clear

• @LeeG what VPS do you use, or do you use your own pc?
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

I use a vps from the same company I host with.

But I never tell anyone which company they are so they don't get rammed with people running link building software and put a stop to it

There are plenty of companies around, look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

You will find a lot of offers on there, plus a lot of reviews

Another good time to shop around for hosting is any kind of American holiday season

I got my windows vps at a 40% discount that way. If I had got it a day earlier, it was 50% discount

• Thanks @LeeG.  I have used webhostingtalk for linux hosting offers, but somehow did not think of Windows.  They don't have a huge number, but I will look through.  Berman is reaaaly cheap, but I guess something has to give sometimes.  The tip about holidays is a good one.
  • I have been using Berman for the last 5 months. And I most thay that  I have never had problems with them. But recently I had a problem of being billed 2 times (instead of just 1) and berman have realized that it was a mistake and they would refund me (April 4). Today sent emails and no response . So regarding support they are not fast or either efficient. Something you must consider since you don't want to waste your time in other's mistakes 
  • They're OK if you know how to use a VPS properly. Today I had some problems with VPS (the log-in screen remaind blocked), I've contacted them and in only 4-5 hours I had a response and my VPS was working again. I was pretty surprised by the fast support, since I've read everywhere that they're support is very sloooow.

It's OK to start with this hosting until you learn SER and make some money. Then scale and rent more powerfull VPSes or Dedicated. I'll do this very soon...