Skip to content

My Tiered Setup - How Can I Improve it?

2»

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @ron - welcome back! :-)
  • @ron how would you start with an aged domain ? Have you ever tried starting with aged domains that you can buy at godaddy?  With a new domain you start with 5 SUBMISSION a day ( without PR and OBL selection ) ?  That means you could even have no veriefied links for the first week.. Or maybe I m missing something here? My experience with GSA is really mixed .. sites rank for sure bt its very hard to make them stick . And I usually use aged domains so for me it should be even easier. I m really wondering about your approach .. maybe I build links too fast ? Anyway thanks for the time you spend giving informations. 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

Most people build links too fast. You can always build more if you are too conservative, but it is a bitch to undo overbuilding while getting smacked on rankings.

There is a case to be made on aged domains. Usually they look weird and don't have a related name, so they look kind of out of place. Not for me really.

But if my business model was to hit a market hard and fast, it makes total sense. You would build links faster than a brand new domain. I would look to guidance at ahrefs or majestic to see how many links were built to give me a clue on link velocity.

Every week I accelerate linkbuilding on a domain...usually from underneath on lower tiers...but also on the T1's. I think 10/day is safe, and after a month go to 20. I usually leave it there. It works. What you do below the T1 matters far more.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @ron - interesting. Am I reading right that you only submit 20/day, T0 links on a mature site, including all sub pages and terms? I may have built too many links then! Will do some testing. 
  • @AlexR are you ranking?
  • @AlexR You've been on this forum a very long time. I find it strange you ask such a noob question?
  • I understand ron . The problem is that tiered linking for me NEVER ranked a website ..Or better : it ranked it until 2nd page and then they do not move anymore .. I m really concerned about building quality project and what you wrote in past threads and posts have more sense than building 200 300 links on a brand new domains . I think I will open a case study and let you know here and maybe you can advice me about what to do to rank it or not . Anyway once more time thank you for help.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @seagul - where's the noob question? :-) I just want to confirm I've understood Ron correctly. I'm not interested in all the T1 or T2 volume of links, but straight links to T0 that Ron is doing. There are many approaches and want to confirm how he's doing it. 
  • @AlexR I dunno with all due respect you seem to ask the most basic of questions that's all.
  • ronron SERLists.com

People always question the number of links they build, and whether they are doing it correctly.

There really isn't a correct answer. I have just found from experience that when I approach things a little slower, a little more methodically, and with a tiered structure where I can turn on the faucet in any number of places, I get really good results. You can always amp up easily - discretely - from underneath. It is much harder to recover from overbuilding.

Every keyword you target has different competitive characteristics. It may take a completely different approach to hit the top on one keyword versus another keyword.

Before I even begin, I fully expect about 40% of sites to be losers. I just don't know which ones. Sometimes the market doesn't convert like I anticipated - even with great rankings. Other times I can't get to where I want rankings-wise.

I had a well-written 20 page site completely bomb after getting near the top, and doing nothing differently than my other sites. It was a WTF moment. I tried a few things, they didn't work, and I moved on. You can waste a lot of time chasing a losing proposition. I try to not let my ego get in the way of making sound business decisions. An example of a sound business decision is getting more sites up to diversify where your income comes from. Then it insulates you from a situation where you get most of your income from one site - then one day you lose that 'crown jewel' and fall flat on your face. Been there, done that.

The most valuable advice I can give anyone is that you need to have a bunch of websites up, constantly throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. You will win some, and you will lose some. And most of us typically lose more than we succeed.

• @ron As always sound advice! Look forward to see your results reaper.
  • @Ron - I hope you had a nice vacation! Thanks again for your advice and insight.
  • @ron : thanks for this expierence, cause many marketers and SEOs claim, that the can rank EVERY site very well. i think thats bullshit. in my opinion, your right, and i will follow your way, cause its my expierence, too, that some sites rank, some not, some are money maker, some not!
    Quantity over quality ! ;-)
    good to hear, that other good SEOs are also ranking only 40 % of there sites welL! ;_)