Skip to content

Windows 2022 has issues with GSA SER?

Hey. I got an AMD Ryzen 5900x dedicated server with Windows 2022 on it and with the same settings and link lists and it has a 40% less LPM than my old Xeon 2680 with Windows 2019 installed.
Memory usage is almost double from what i can see in gsa ser. Could this be a Windows issue or the fact that its an AMD?
Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee

Comments

• I would assume it's the newer windows server. I was looking to move my SER to a linux machine using wine so I was into a bunch of chat rooms looking for answers or tips that may help recently on the subject.

There was a lot of people complaining about newer windows servers and there software not working as well after an update that I came across.

It's it true, idk?

Memeory/cpu usage is crazy high in newer windows defender and if its actively trying to scan files forget trying to do anything else.

Opening up task manager you may see its windows defender hogging all the resources.

Maybe look there and see whats going on?

On a computer with 9th gen i-5 and 16 gigs of good ram with ssd drives, while defender is actively running, its capable of bogging down my whole machine which is crazy to me.

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • I would assume it's the newer windows server. I was looking to move my SER to a linux machine using wine so I was into a bunch of chat rooms looking for answers or tips that may help recently on the subject.

There was a lot of people complaining about newer windows servers and there software not working as well after an update that I came across.

It's it true, idk?

Memeory/cpu usage is crazy high in newer windows defender and if its actively trying to scan files forget trying to do anything else.

Opening up task manager you may see its windows defender hogging all the resources.

Maybe look there and see whats going on?

On a computer with 9th gen i-5 and 16 gigs of good ram with ssd drives, while defender is actively running, its capable of bogging down my whole machine which is crazy to me.

I think the issue might be the AMD processor. I installed Windows 2019 on the same server and i have the exact LPM i was having with the Windows 2022
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee