Skip to content

5.48 Slowdown

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
edited April 2013 in Need Help
When running 5.48 my log window sites idle and my threads throttle down.  LPM is around 8-10.  5.47 runs full threads, LPM around 75-100.  I've moved all my servers back to 5.47 today and now I'm getting links again.

In 4 hours 5.48 sent 800 captchas to CB.  In the last 30 minutes 5.47 has sent 700 captchas to CB.

Comments

• I've had the same issue, but from the earlier 5.4x versions as mentioned in the thread:

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    After running all night, 5.47 is still 40-60 LPM and 5.48 was under 10 all day.
  • LPM does not always correlate with version changes... I would give it a few more days to see what's up... Also it was just updated to 5.49 so go and update
    I agree @skoh, LPM doesn't matter to me that's why I added info about the number of captchas being processed.  5.48 was slow and not creating links for me. I upgraded one server to 5.49 let's see if it's nice and quick again!
  • After 2 hours, 5.49is good, go for sleep now hope everything is good when wake up
    5.49 definitely is good for me as well.
  • 5.49 is the fastest version I have used for aaaaaaaaaaages!
  • @Brumnick Same, so far so good with 5.49. 
  • Not so good for me, wake up with the same old problem: low running threads, CPU not fully loaded, LPM back down to 70. Back to 5.22 again, speed up to 156 and still increasing slowly.
    @dunce how long did you let 5.49 run for?  I've found that I need to let each version run about 4 hours before getting a real feel for the LPM.
  • Around 10 hours
  • @Dunce Same as me. Just woke up to find it running at 48 threads, whereas i'd get the full 800 with v5.22. It was also running at just over 100LPM, whereas i'd normally get >250LPM, so back to v5.22 for me.
  • First I didn't believe 5.22 was better but after using it my 5LPM went to 15+, hopefully by tomorrow I'll have enough data to optimize the engines and reach 50LPM :P
  • @Musk, where did you get the 5.22 version installation file.. i like to try.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @darman82, it is somewhere on this forum. Try a google search - probably the best way to find it.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @Musk, you are on your game!
  • Can any1 help me how I can install old version over the old version and to have new engines updated from 5.48 but an old version of GSA? A quick step by step would be appreciated. 
  • Install old version to a custom directory, get the Search_Engine_Ranker.exe file from custom directory, rename it to SER522.exe or whatever you want, put it in the original SER directory, run SER522.exe.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

Or...

Even simpler - Just name v5.22 exactly that. Paste it in the normal SER directory. Create shortcut to your desktop for 5.22. Get rid of your other shortcut for the newer engine.

Then just run 5.22 to your heart's delight. Every day, do an update of SER when Sven releases a new one. Your engines are automatically updated in the main folder anyway. And since 5.22 is already in the main folder, you automatically pick up the new engines.

Lastly, when you play this game, after you update, your proxy configuration will get screwed up. Go to Options, make sure proxies are set for 'Everywhere', and make sure all three boxes are checked. And do this before you start blasting. If you don't, then your IP will be in every SPAM log on the planet.

• @ron would you uninstall what you have now, then install v5.22 in the SER directory.  Every time I try this. the update always wipes out the old version. 
  • ronron SERLists.com

Don't uninstall. All you are doing is pasting that lonely little 5.22 exe file in the main folder, and creating a shortcut to your desktop. That's it.

• edited April 2013
    Sorry, i have try it at 1s but it was not working... but now it works...

Thanks...
  • edited April 2013
    @Musk it needs encryption key sir :/

• HhPJ2Xq_bj75j_UDhWe1aHhkq4UgwdW20xAqGNiRXHU

It's part of the URL, IDK why it didn't work for you.
  • edited April 2013
    ok, I'll give it a go @ron.  Not sure if you guys running ver 5.22 are using mailnesia for email or not but if you are, does that cause an issue with 5.22 b/c I think mailnesia came on board in ver 5.26.  Also @ron, are you saying to update the newer version everyday?  Basically, how does one update an older version w/o wiping it out?
  • ronron SERLists.com

I really don't know about mailnesia. I would be hesitant to use it as I have heard it causes problems with various automated software. I think it came after v5.22. I would use Hotmail or outlook. 1000 got me through a year, for a whopping $10.

I update. I want to have the latest engines. Sven made a comment that some newer engines may not work with older versions of SER. So I have saved my engines in a separate folder so I always have the engines backed up that I know work with v5.22 - just in case.

When you update, it does write over existing files *if* that engine was updated, and it will also insert any new engines in the main engines file. It's really not a big deal. Just make a backup of your current engines, and keep it in another folder somewhere on your PC.

• You know there was a provider on fiverr that did that I ordered from a couple of months back then after about email number 10 or so the emails basically stopped working.  I couldn't log in manually or anything.  No big deal though, I make my own now, a bit of a pain but at least they work.