Skip to content

SEO Junk in payd for in the past

edited April 2013 in Other / Mixed
Doing my tax now for 2012, found something interesting:

In march 2012 I orderd some 300/5000 linkpyramid (forum profiles) from some ebay SEO for 20€. diretlcy to moneysite ...

No need to kick me, I am doing this already..

1 year gone, only 5% of T1 links are live
approx 7% of T2 Links are there.

NONE of the T1 links is indexed in ahrefs/GWMT

20€ wasted money for worthless junk links..

No, no noteable increase in traffic or rankings after that. (but It seemed not to hurt too at all)

In 2011/2012 I spend around 150€ in worthless social bookmarks, profiles, link pyramids services... Would have been better invested in the software..

Thats just to remind some of us, where we are now with SEO and where we have been.....

I am glad I found the community, put in the effort to study forum, testing and mastering the software and getting steady results now with:

SER
CB
Indexer

-> TEST TEST TEST! LEARN FROM THE PAST! There are no mistakes, just experience and growth!

Comments

• Don't get me started on money I have wasted on useless services/products! It's not all wasted though, if, like you, we learn from it and move on.

Thanks for the reminder! We might not be completely satisfied with where we are, but at least we are not where we were.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited April 2013
    I can beat that :) I spent $250 per week on paying an outsourced SEO guy, over the course over 12 months. :o  Never got above position 3 for any of my keywords, some of them dropped actually down to 5-6 which was the point at which I stopped using him :) Then I switched to doing it myself and am in no1-2 for nearly all of them.
  • what did he do? blog and forum comments ? ;-)

some good outsourcing:
    I payd 25$ for a indian guy checking affiliate links...... must have took him 10 hours or so ;-) ( approx 600 pages to check.....)

Good deal for ME . that was a tedious work..

• you should be happy that you are not penalized