Skip to content

Project Name Does Not Appear in the Projects List

Hi,

I'm using GSA SER for the 1st time. The name of my new project does not appear in the Projects list even though I've filled in nearly all of the project's details and configuration. 

Does anyone know why this is, and how to get SER to enter the project name where it should be?

Comments

• I have had several issues with this software and I'm losing the will to live!

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the name of the project is usually asked at the end of defining the data. You get asked to name the project and usually it is the domain of the project url.
  • I started up my GSA SER today and found there were several updates. So I wonder if one of them was to repair the issue with projects not being saved. When I started up SER I noted that it has not saved the project and so I have to create the project again. 

There are quite a lot of things to set up in each project, so it takes quite a while to do, as it covers quite a lot of different things. This is actually about the 5th time I have done this without the project being saved. So if it was not part of the new updates then perhaps I can hope that it will be part of the next update.

Having just started up the application, I can see that the save facility at the start of the project is still not implemented. So I'll just have to hope that by working on this in the evening I will not be taken away from my task by clients contacting me, and other stuff I need to attend to, which has been responsible for the unsaved previous project settings....
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Hi, Gordon. That sucks that you're having trouble. I don't know that I have an answer.
    I'm not sure if you have to register SER first, but I think probably not. Is yours registered?
    Do you have enough space on your hard drive?
    "the save facility at the start of the project is still not implemented"
    When you double-click a project name in the list, the pane that opens is the PROJECT DATA pop-up.
    At the bottom, choose OK and the data will save.
    "So I'll just have to hope that by working on this in the evening I will not be taken away from my task by clients contacting me, and other stuff I need to attend to, which has been responsible for the unsaved previous project settings.... "
    All you have to do is click OK. You can save frequently, even. Why lose work in the way you are?
  • Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's registered. I have enough space. There is no list of project names. I have never been asked to enter a project name. "You can save frequently, even. Why lose work in the way you are?" I cannot save any data. Therefore I keep on having to enter the data again and again.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    OK; Search Engine Ranker opens, no? 
    You have the "new" "Edit" "Delete" "Start" and "Help" buttons top-right appearing?
    Click on new, or better yet, click on the right, where the down arrow is and select a name for your new project.
  • I'm attaching two screenshots to show that the buttons are all there.

But when I click on the down arrow in the New button it does not ask me to enter the project name. Instead it loads the "Project Data -NEW" window.

So there is no opportunity to enter the name of the project. My very next activity would be to enter the URL of the target site/page.

No intervening window appears for me to enter the project name. Is this meant to happen this way? Or not?

From the descriptions I've heard, this is not what is meant to happen. What is meant to happen is for the user to enter the project name, but this does not happen.

Thanks.

• gordon323 

Click on --> New  ----> New (Enter Name) - (may be obvious but the very right side of button. . . sry)

Next...

Right click on the "where to submit " pane than select the ---> check none - option

Now in the URL input field add a dummy URL like  -----> https://placeholder.com or anything but I think placeholder gives more context as to whats happening.

Now click on buttton------> "OK" you will find it in the button down in the right corner of that current screen and you should now see this popup. . .

I think it's self explantory from here but you would now open up the project you just "named" and edit it.

Sometimes it can be that it saves the project file as the first URL.

So is this case you find the URL from the project you just created and right click on it and select ----> Modify project ------> Rename

You should be presented with the following screen. . .

I think you are correct when expecting the first pop-up to appear when clicking the right button, but I have found it behaving differently sometimes too and this is how I have gotten around it in both these scenarios when this happens.

No, it's not convienient this way either but I find it good practice to always be sure to maximize the screen and/or make sure the GUI your working with is in full view to as there has been times and conditions where its been opening differently. 

This makes it easier to see all the options and always make sure to hit the "OK" button to close and avoid hitting the "X" on the top right to close as you can lose all your data very easy with this simple mistake.

Sometimes when I'm working with building a larger project I have put a decent amount of time in or pulling data im paying for via opanai API for example in the article manager I will hit Ok and double check everything is saving correctly just to be on the safe side in case something does happen like this.

So hopefully this can be a workaround for now if this is what your experiencing. . .
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Clicking on  the right of the New button does not bring up the project naming window. But I followed your example of right-clicking in the Where to Submit group and then typed in "placeholder.com" then clicking OK.

And this time it worked, in that the project name window cam up and I was able to name it to the URL name entered previously.

So thank you Backlinkaddict, you've solved the problem!

Now I don't have to keep entering the same data all the time. I wish it was a bit easier than that, though!
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee