Skip to content

GSA SER Email Verification ... Test Fails, But Why?

Hi,

Email Verification section of GSA SER I have created another Gmail account for the purpose of running my first campaign using SER.

But when I test the email it failed.

I have enabled POP3 in the email account.

I have saved the fail result. The .dat file thus created contains the following:

E-Mail   Error Message

ccreminders1@gmail.com           -ERR malformed command fc9mb25142640wmb

I was wondering if anyone on the forum knows or suspects how this issue can be fixed.

Thanks.

Comments

• Update: 

I've changed the password but it still fails the test.

The message this time is:

E-Mail Error Message
    ccreminders1@gmail.com -ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.

Any ideas what this could be?
  • Latest.

For some reason the POP3 settings changed after I enabled it last time.

So I added it again - "Enabled for All Mail".

I clicked on the Test button and this time I got a little message box which said simply "Nothing to Check".

Has anyone else travelled this same route?
  • Latest update: I noticed that the "Use SSL" box was unticked, for some reason. So I ticked it and it failed the test again.

The third message said:

E-Mail Error Message
    ccreminders1@gmail.com -ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.

Perhaps it just doesn't like Gmail addresses....
  • Hi AliTab,

Thanks for the link. 

I went to https://docu.gsa-online.de/email_spider/email_provider_settings#gmail_app_password and looked in the Gmail section. It asked me to go to the Security tab on MyAccount which is at https://myaccount.google.com/u/1/security

I have to look for App passwords on that page. But there is no reference to App passwords on that page. I also searched the source code for that page and there was no reference to App passwords.

I cannot see anything resembling the attached screenshot.

I have also enabled POP for all emails. See other screenshot.

So I don't know what else to do. I'm given to believe that I need to set up a new password for the POP3 account, although the reference to the section that I cannot find actually refers to SMTP and not POP. So it may not even be relevant.

Is there anything else that you would advise?

Thanks,

Gordo

• Ah, I see I have to set up 2 step verification in order to see the apps password section. I'll go through this and update as and when I've struck success!
  • No. That led nowhere.

The page at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en refers to https://myaccount.google.com/u/1/signinoptions/two-step-verification/enroll-welcome but there is now "App Passwords" section at the bottom of the page.

Yet another case of Google making a change to fuinctionality without changing the documentation.
  • To Hell with Gmail and everything Google! I'll use another email supplier.
  • Yeah, Gmail does not care about settings, even manually I have everything off and tick do not ask me on this machine again and it still prompts me next time anyways.

They want to know who you are, where your from, what machine your on, if its a machine you been on before, etc. Most likely so they can create avatars of "real users" more accurately for their Ad platform. (How they make their money)

If things are like that when you try manually, it's not likely going to be easy to automate that task.
  • OK. I've got an email address with AOL.

I've tested it and it fails to work as well. Should this be SSL or not? I've tried both and it times out.

Any suggestions?

• @backlinkaddict Any idea why my new AOL email fails the test in GSA SER? It timed out. I've checked the port number and all settings are correct. I've tried it with SSL ticked and unticked and it times out every time. 

What do you suggest?

• Hi Mate,
    you have to read this: https://docu.gsa-online.de/email_spider/email_provider_settings carefully. and you build the GSA SER format. thats all. 
    some of the AOL or Outlook provide you with GSA format.
  • @GSASERnet Yes, that was the page I was using to get the correct details. I have followed its directions completely and the test does not work.

• Maybe try with and with out proxies enabled just for the test? I had issue in other software where that helped me with similiar verification issue. (It was failing to authorize on test, however it was still pulling the data for me in project)

Have you run the project and seen error messages about the email in the log messages? 

In my experience for example, I had emails in there the other day I knew were good and was telling me a few were not. Same with proxy testing. I test them in other softwares sometimes and some fail but then I throw them in scrapebox and verify that are all good and working which they should be as they are all private proxies.  So in these cases I know verification message wrong or is failing for some other reason in specific software.

Is your connection fast and have you tried to find or adjust any "timeout" related variables (if any) to increase them.

I dont use gmail, aol, outlook etc with GSA SER so Im not much help on those specifics.

Currently, I am using bought catchall emails from service above (https://gsaser.net/) and can verify that they are good and working for GSA SER and web 2.0 addon using high quality sites. They have great support too!!!! They were very fast and solved my problem before I even replied to first email.

Alternatively, maybe try to use "create" email and select how many and from what TLDs. Test those in SER and they all should verify. Im not sure if GSA SER can read those and its newer feature i think and I am just coming back after many years. I needed to get some working catchalls quick to test the serlists web 2.0 addon so if your in same position use service mentioned above. Just download and import file, its aready formatted as GSA catchall too.

hopefully thats helpful
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Hey @backlinkaddict thanks for your comprehensive reply. Lots of options to work on there. I may well end up using gsaser.net after I've exhausted all other options. Thank again.
  • Maybe try with and with out proxies enabled just for the test? I had issue in other software where that helped me with similiar verification issue. (It was failing to authorize on test, however it was still pulling the data for me in project)

Have you run the project and seen error messages about the email in the log messages? 

In my experience for example, I had emails in there the other day I knew were good and was telling me a few were not. Same with proxy testing. I test them in other softwares sometimes and some fail but then I throw them in scrapebox and verify that are all good and working which they should be as they are all private proxies.  So in these cases I know verification message wrong or is failing for some other reason in specific software.

Is your connection fast and have you tried to find or adjust any "timeout" related variables (if any) to increase them.

I dont use gmail, aol, outlook etc with GSA SER so Im not much help on those specifics.

Currently, I am using bought catchall emails from service above (https://gsaser.net/) and can verify that they are good and working for GSA SER and web 2.0 addon using high quality sites. They have great support too!!!! They were very fast and solved my problem before I even replied to first email.

Alternatively, maybe try to use "create" email and select how many and from what TLDs. Test those in SER and they all should verify. Im not sure if GSA SER can read those and its newer feature i think and I am just coming back after many years. I needed to get some working catchalls quick to test the serlists web 2.0 addon so if your in same position use service mentioned above. Just download and import file, its aready formatted as GSA catchall too.

hopefully thats helpful
    Dear Valued @backlinkaddict,

Thank you so much for your kind and wonderful words! We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with our support. It means a lot to us to know that our efforts have made a positive impact on your experience.

We strive to provide the best possible assistance to our customers, and your satisfaction is our ultimate goal. Your feedback motivates us to continue delivering exceptional service and support.

Thank you once again for your fantastic review. We truly appreciate your support!

• gordon323 said:
    Hey @backlinkaddict thanks for your comprehensive reply. Lots of options to work on there. I may well end up using gsaser.net after I've exhausted all other options. Thank again.
    Dear @gordon323,
    If you need support to make your Gmail account work with GSA format you can PM me with an example for the Gmail or AOL accounts and I can test it for you. 
  • GSASERnet said:
    gordon323 said:
    Hey @backlinkaddict thanks for your comprehensive reply. Lots of options to work on there. I may well end up using gsaser.net after I've exhausted all other options. Thank again.
    Dear @gordon323,
    If you need support to make your Gmail account work with GSA format you can PM me with an example for the Gmail or AOL accounts and I can test it for you. 
    Thanks for your offer of help.

It's been several days now, and I'm still no further forward. 

I've given up on Gmail completely. But I've used the settings stated in https://docu.gsa-online.de/email_spider/email_provider_settings for my new AOL email. But the "correct" settings didn't work either. 

Even Sven also could not get that email address to work.

I've just got myself a new Hotmail email address, but I see there is a special instruction for that in https://docu.gsa-online.de/email_spider/email_provider_settings . So I went into my Hotmail account and tried to change the settings but what was here was nothing like the settings in Hotmail. 

Anyway, let's persevere with the AOL email.

The email address is ccreminders@aol.com and I'm using port 110 (I tried it with SSL both on and off.

Above is a screenshot of this.

The result is a fail with the message "Connection reset by peer".

Do you have any ideas about how this would work?

• Hi,
    If you say "Even Sven also could not get that email address to work." then i do not think i can do anything, but if you want sure, i can try.
    just contact me please with Skype: live:.cid.3792df1142ac0ca8
    I think to help you i need an example like an Email Username and Password. or we can try with anydesk. as you wish.
  • I had same issue "connection reset by peer" and I noticed that the default antivirus in windows 11 was on  and usually only have avast on. I turned them off then tried again and it worked. It was same issue with emails and they were from service above so I know they were good. Maybe thats the case? Like maybe something on your network is "blocking it" I can't be sure but worked in my case. Maybe try that . . .
  • So gmail working nowadays or not?

• Buy custom cheapest domain like .site or .info
    Change the NS to Cloudflare
    Go to zohomail and buy the lite package ($12/ yr) 
    Create your personal mail on the domain (Zoho)
    Set up catchall on the dashboard (Zoho)
    Use the catchall on the GSA with unlimited domain for a year
    Thanked by 1Smeklinis
  • malcom said:
    Buy custom cheapest domain like .site or .info
    Change the NS to Cloudflare
    Go to zohomail and buy the lite package ($12/ yr) 
    Create your personal mail on the domain (Zoho)
    Set up catchall on the dashboard (Zoho)
    Use the catchall on the GSA with unlimited domain for a year

You can add 1 user on cheapest plan and create 1 main email right?
    Then you can add many domains and setup catchall for all of them to that 1 main email.
    It is OK for a single project in GSA.
    But on multiple projects...?

• Any ideas?
  • edited January 8
    Smeklinis said:
    Any ideas?
    I just saw your message because I didn't receive any notification.
    You are permitted to set up one user on one domain.
    However, you will set up your email on a subdomain, which means that each subdomain represents a new unique domain in the eyes of Google. Therefore, after using the subdomain heavily for 3-4 months, you will abandon it and create a new subdomain on your main root domain.
    You can use the same email for thousands of projects without any problems.

its like;

joe@subdomain.domain.com

You will set a catchall to this email on Zoho dashboard and you're good to go.
    Thanked by 1Smeklinis
  • Hi,

I know it's been quite a while since I was on this thread in the forum.

Anyway, the reason I'm here again is because I did successfully find an email address that WORKED. But I've lost the email address!

The problem is that, up till now, GSA SER did not save my data, so I had to repeat the data every time I tried to use it. But then if I left it the data would not be saved and I would be back at square one.

Anyway, I've managed to find a way of saving the data now. BUT THE APPLICATION HAS DELETED IT AGAIN BECAUSE I COULDN'T SAVE IT AT THAT TIME.

So does anyone remember what the email address was? 

I would have thought it would be present somewhere in this thread but it is not.

Honestly I've just about had it with this software. I've been trying to configure it for MONTHS, would you believe!

Anyway, I cannot remember who suggested the email address on that occasion. If anyone remembers it could the please send me a PM with the email address within?

That would be fantastic. Thanks.

• Hi @GSASERnet ,

I've found the text file you kindly sent me containing the email address and configuration details.

I recall that there was some kind of timeout on it, so I just tried it and it didn't work. 

So could you please send me another email address based on the same?

If this blasted software allowed me to save the project as it is supposed to then all this hassle and waste time would not have happened! I'm just about chucking this software in and getting SENuke instead (no ... only joking - but only JUST). I've wasted about 25 hours because of this nonsense.

Thanks very much.
  • You may find yourself even more upset to leave after you have already put some effort into learning the software just to buy another at 157$ monthly that simply does not work  ;) I gave it 3 honest attempts over the years. Wasn't thrilled :/

These are normal things that change sometimes outside the software control. This happens a lot in this industry. Normal behavior I guess . . .

There was a time you could get 200 yahoo accounts pre-created with spam filters off super cheap and just load them all in and test very nicely from what I hear and test if they get banned if your doing certain things? Timeout stuff I guess.

This doesn't work today, if it did I can only assume email creators would still be a thing?

I think you may be wasting some time with some of the free to make an email account --> account providers

Some sites may not even accept these old providers for registrations and expect a "professional" email.

Catchall is the way to go today for large marketing campaigns. How many per project and how many projects you run is up to you.

What's is big deal to get gmail working anyway? I don't know what your doing but maybe it's not super great idea to G even more access to what your doing, just assumption ;)
  • You are faced with a classic make-or-buy decision.

GSA SER has a steep learning curve and I understand the frustration of just entering the URLs of the projects and finding working emails after the investment of 25 hours of work so far. The documentation of the main features exists in various formats though.

Instead of switching the platform and to start again from zero on another learning curve, it may be an interesting option for you to outsource link building with SER to an experienced and professional service provider like @sickseo while you learn how to use the software yourself.
    Thanked by 1sickseo
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    gordon323 said:
    Hi @GSASERnet ,

I've found the text file you kindly sent me containing the email address and configuration details.

I recall that there was some kind of timeout on it, so I just tried it and it didn't work. 

So could you please send me another email address based on the same?

If this blasted software allowed me to save the project as it is supposed to then all this hassle and waste time would not have happened! I'm just about chucking this software in and getting SENuke instead (no ... only joking - but only JUST). I've wasted about 25 hours because of this nonsense.

Thanks very much.
    SENuke is poop Lol I've got 2 lifetime licenses and don't use it. That software will definitely give you a headache.

I've sent you a catchall email in your DM. Should solve your problems.