Skip to content

control name of the list view

Hello @Sven

I'm trying to automate some tasks in GSA PI. I would like to obtain the control name and its hierarchy for the list view where projects are displayed(the one in the screenshot below). However, I was unable to find this information while inspecting the control names and hierarchy of the application.

Here is my inspection from GSA PI: https://pastebin.com/9cDFQhgW

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    TcxGridTableView
  • AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com
    edited October 2023
    Sven said:
    TcxGridTableView
    How about the hierarchy Sven?

is it the direct child of the main window? I mean this one:

['TfrmMain', 'GSA Platform Identifier v2.07TfrmMain', 'GSA Platform Identifier v2.07']
    child_window(title="GSA Platform Identifier v2.07", class_name="TfrmMain")
    TcxGroupBox-> TcxGroupBox -> TcxGrid -> TcxGridTableView
    edited October 2023
    Sven said:
    TcxGroupBox-> TcxGroupBox -> TcxGrid -> TcxGridTableView
    Thank you, followed this exactly (main_dialog.TcxGroupBox.TcxGroupBox.TcxGrid.TcxGridTableView) but received this error:

Could not find 'TcxGrid' in 'dict_keys(['TcxLabel', 'Need Help?TcxLabel', 'Need Help?', 'TcxLabel0', 'TcxLabel1', 'TcxLabel2', 'Trial version (30 minutes remaining). Click here to activate', 'Trial version (30 minutes remaining). Click here to activateTcxLabel', 'Button', 'TcxPageControl', 'General', 'TcxTabSheet', 'GeneralTcxTabSheet', 'TChart', 'TcxSplitter', 'TcxGroupBox', 'TcxGroupBox0', 'TcxGroupBox1', 'TcxGroupBox2', 'TcxLabel3', '0TcxLabel', '0', 'TcxLabel4', 'Recognized URLs %:TcxLabel', 'Recognized URLs %:', 'TcxLabel5', '0TcxLabel0', '0TcxLabel1', '0TcxLabel2', '00', '01', '02', 'TcxLabel6', 'Unrecognized URLs:TcxLabel', 'Unrecognized URLs:', 'TcxLabel7', 'N/A', 'N/ATcxLabel', 'TcxLabel8', 'Currently processing:TcxLabel', 'Currently processing:', 'TcxLabel9', '0 KB', '0 KBTcxLabel', 'TcxLabel10', 'N/A0', 'N/A1', 'N/A2', 'N/ATcxLabel0', 'N/ATcxLabel1', 'N/ATcxLabel2', 'TcxLabel11', 'N/A3', 'N/ATcxLabel3', 'TcxLabel12', 'Total downloaded:', 'Total downloaded:TcxLabel', 'TcxLabel13', 'Time remaining:', 'Time remaining:TcxLabel', 'TcxLabel14', 'Time elapsed:', 'Time elapsed:TcxLabel', 'TcxGroupBox3', 'TcxLabel15', '0 URL/min | 0 KB/sTcxLabel', '0 URL/min | 0 KB/s', 'TChart0', 'TChart1', 'TChart2'])'
    There are more than one TcxGroupBox's so you might have to go through all of them.
    Sven said:
    There are more than one TcxGroupBox's so you might have to go through all of them.
    You're right Sven. I was able to loop through them, but actually, there's a problem here. I can not see "TcxGridTableView" inside control names. I checked with Spy++ and Inspect.exe, as well as printing the control identifiers. These are the only children of TcxGrid:

| TcxGrid - ''    (L338, T151, R1583, B634)
       | ['TcxGrid', 'NewTcxGrid']
       | child_window(class_name="TcxGrid")
       |    | 
       |    | TcxSizeGrip - ''    (L338, T151, R338, B151)
       |    | ['TcxSizeGrip2', 'GSA Platform Identifier v2.07TcxSizeGrip', 'GSA Platform Identifier v2.07TcxSizeGrip0', 'GSA Platform Identifier v2.07TcxSizeGrip1']
       |    | child_window(class_name="TcxSizeGrip")
       |    | 
       |    | TcxControlScrollBar - ''    (L338, T151, R359, B302)
       |    | ['TcxControlScrollBar3', 'NewTcxControlScrollBar', 'NewTcxControlScrollBar0', 'NewTcxControlScrollBar1']
       |    | child_window(class_name="TcxControlScrollBar")
       |    | 
       |    | TcxControlScrollBar - ''    (L338, T151, R489, B172)
       |    | ['TcxControlScrollBar4', 'NewTcxControlScrollBar2']
       |    | child_window(class_name="TcxControlScrollBar")
       |    | 
       |    | TcxGridSite - ''    (L339, T153, R1582, B633)
       |    | ['NewTcxGridSite', 'TcxGridSite']
       |    | child_window(class_name="TcxGridSite")
     | TcxGrid - ''    (L338, T151, R1583, B634) << thats probably what you need only
    Thank you very much @Sven. Got this working