Skip to content

GSA URL REDIRECT PRO error: LpM number always equal to each change in number of threads

Hi. I think the "Change Number of Threads" option doesn't work. I did several tests. At each change, the number of threads sending LpM are always the same. So I came to the conclusion that setting the number of threads to 1 or 10 or 1000 or 10000 always gives the same result.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The change will only get applied ones the current job (submission of one URL) is finished.
  • Yes, I know, in fact I stop, change the number of threads and then close and restart the software, but the number of LpM does not slow down or increase. If I set 1 or 10000 the links sent to SEO Indexer are always very fast. SEO Indexer is not given time to dispose of the links that URL Redirect already sends others, despite the very low number of threads set. Even if URL Redirect is under proxy and SEO Indexer has direct connection. The problem is that URL Redirect is always faster than SEO Indexer. However, this causes a problem, namely that if SEO Indexer receives a lot of links it becomes heavier and significantly slows down indexing with subsequent blocking of submissions. There is no balance between the links sent from URL Redirect to SEO Indexer
    URL Redirect will always be faster than SEO Indexer because some links are not created but guessed. If a link like www.xyz.com/go.php?url=myurl.com is working ones, it will not always open that URL to check if a new link is created, but only do this in intervals between a certain number of submits.
    Thanked by 1verdemuschio
  • Yes, I know URL Redirect is faster, but the thread count ratio between URL Redirect and SEO Indexer is 1/10000. In the sense that I set URL Redirect to 1 thread and SEO indexer to 10000 threads, and yet URL Redirect is always faster. What is the way to ensure that SEO Indexer does not receive too many links from URL Redirects? For example, after 2000 links sent to SEO Indexer, URL Redirect automatically pauses for 30 minutes and then starts sending links again on its own, and stops on its own every 2000 links sent. Could such an upgrade be done? The problem is that SEO Indexer crashes with too many links because the file gets bigger, and I can't continually check URL Redirect to stop it manually.
    limit the amount of links to use for indexing inside GSA SEO Indexer
  • verdemuschioverdemuschio Italy
    edited October 2023
    I set "limit number of links to create" to 2000 in URL Redirect. Is this what you meant?
    I actually meant the amount of links in SEO Indexer, but you are right...maybe it's even better to limit the URLs in URL Redirect.
    To do so, you better use certain link types only like 301, Link-in-URL.
  • verdemuschioverdemuschio Italy
    edited October 2023
    Okay, I'll try this now. The fact is that a single URL Redirect link contains thousands of links that arrive at SEO indexer. In this way, SEO indexer receiving thousands and thousands of links, if it does not stop sending URL Redirects it clogs up and consequently the LpM speed SEO Indexer sending rate drops significantly. So SEO Indexer takes forever to send links to be indexed
  • So Sven, let's see if I understand. By setting the "number of links to create" and "Change Number of Threads" options in URL Redirect, URL Redirect will multiply the number of links by the number of threads, so that if the number of threads is set to 5 and the number of links to 2000 , the total links that will be sent to SEO Indexer will be 10,000. Do you confirm this hypothesis?
    So if this is correct, is it possible to make URL Redirect automatically resume sending links to SEO Indexer, every time SEO Indexer disposes of all the previously sent links?
    No, thats wrong. The amount of threads you define has no influence on the amount of links created...just an influence on speed.
  • I understand. Thank you