Skip to content

PI closes without any error

Hello @Sven,

1. When GSA PI crashes, it closes without any error message. The reason for the crash may be the high number of threads I'm using, which can be 600 to 800, but sometimes it happens even with lower thread counts, like 200. Can you please investigate this issue and improve the program so that it doesn't close in case of exceptions, similar to how GSA SER handles that?

2. Additionally, I'm wondering if there's a way to start GSA PI projects without using the GUI. I want to ensure that none of my GSA PIs get closed suddenly. If this is possible, I can check whether the program is running and, if not, run GSA PI and start active projects automatically.

Thank you!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    can you try to run the 32bit version and see if it shows a bugreport?
  • AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com
    edited October 2023
    Yes @Sven, but where is the 32-bit version located? I just have one exe file in C:\Program Files\GSA Platform Identifier
    arg you are right, it only installs either 64bit or 32bit.
    Sven said:
    arg you are right, it only installs either 64bit or 32bit.
    So, how can we find a solution for this crash?
    I will have to check the code next week (Saturday now).
    Thanked by 1AliTab
    Sven said:
    I will have to check the code next week (Saturday now).
    Hello Sven,

Any update on this?

Also, I want to report another bug. If URLs in a file are already blacklisted, the "Remove file when done" feature doesn't work, and it won't remove that file.
    edited December 2023
    Hello Sven,

Here's an update with more details regarding the crash issue which is still happening (Windows server 2019). This is directly from Windows Event Viewer:

First error:

Faulting application name: GSAPlatformIdentifier.exe, version: 2.0.9.0, time stamp: 0x6560883c
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.4974, time stamp: 0x909c5ed9
    Exception code: 0x0eedfade
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000349b9
    Faulting process id: 0x26c8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01da310eeecb0d83
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\GSA Platform Identifier\GSAPlatformIdentifier.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Second error:

Faulting application name: GSAPlatformIdentifier.exe, version: 2.0.9.0, time stamp: 0x6560883c
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.4974, time stamp: 0x909c5ed9
    Exception code: 0xc000041d
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000349b9
    Faulting process id: 0x26c8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01da310eeecb0d83
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\GSA Platform Identifier\GSAPlatformIdentifier.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Also, this may have been missed:
    If URLs in a file are already blacklisted, the "Remove file when done" feature doesn't work, and it won't remove that file.

Thanks in advance