Skip to content

GSA Search Engine Ranker Backup - Restore

Hi guys!
I am thinking of upgrading my VPS but I want to be sure that all settings and projects will stay like they are.
What is the best/safest way to back up and restore my GSA Search Engine Ranker?

Thanks

Comments

• AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com

Hello,

You should take two backups:

1. For your projects: Right-click on the project section, then choose "Modify Project" and select "Backup All Projects."

2. For your GSA SER settings: Click on "Global Options," then select "Backup Settings" in the bottom left corner.

Happy upgrading:)
  • AliTab said:

Hello,

You should take two backups:

1. For your projects: Right-click on the project section, then choose "Modify Project" and select "Backup All Projects."

2. For your GSA SER settings: Click on "Global Options," then select "Backup Settings" in the bottom left corner.

Happy upgrading:)
    Thanks! Nothing else will be needed, right? 
  • Also, what will be the best process to restore everything on my new VPS?

For GSA SER, exporting these two should be sufficient for a safe transfer. On your new server/VPS, use the restore options. There's really no special technique here.

• AliTab said:

For GSA SER, exporting these two should be sufficient for a safe transfer. On your new server/VPS, use the restore options. There's really no special technique here.

Yes, it sounds easy! Thanks for your help!
    Thanked by 1AliTab
  • AliTab said:

I forgot to ask whether restoring all projects will include the created backlinks or only the project settings?
    Thanks!

Nefelim said:
    AliTab said:

I forgot to ask whether restoring all projects will include the created backlinks or only the project settings?
    Thanks!

Yes, included
  • AliTab said:
    Nefelim said:
    AliTab said:

Thanks!

Yes, included
    Thanks!