Skip to content

How long does it usually take to see results?

I started using GSA Search Engine Ranker around 2-3 months ago.  Until now I don't see any positive impact. Rankings didn't improve, not even a little bit and there are not even more impressions. So I'm wondering does it just take more time to see improvements? 
Also there is a big gap between the number of links that I see in google search console and what I see in Ahrefs. Google search console shows just 9 links while ahrefs shows 1100 backlinks from 290 sites. 
As I'm not a SEO expert I feel a bit lost actually.

Comments

• sickseosickseo London,UK
    edited August 2023
    Time frame for results is closely related to the domain authority for your site. Ahrefs will provide a metric for your website and as you build links from unique domains, you will see this figure increase.

Even for brand new domains it is possible to rank in a few days but only if you can create that authority in a few days. If you take 6 months to create that required authority to rank, then it will take you 6 months to rank.

If you are using the same link sources (site list) over and over again, you will not see any additional increase in authority. 290 sites is very low, but this also depends on the domain authority of each of these sites as well as the number of external links on these sites. These are probably the 2 main factors for determining how much link juice/authority is passed when gaining backlinks. The authority only counts once per unique domain.

Brand new domains or domains with no previous link building will not rank for anything initially. So focus on boosting your home page DA and acquiring/building links from unique domains, preferably from sites with high DA. Although low DA sites with fewer external links can still be just as good.

Google search console does not show you every single backlink for your site. They've always been stingy when it comes to sharing data. There is no resource out there that will show you 100% of your backlinks.

Ahrefs will show you links that their bots have found that point to your website. This does not necessarily correspond to the data which Google holds for your website. Ahrefs is one of many 3rd party data sources for monitoring backlinks and they are not affiliated with google. Also bare in mind that the link data is what they've crawled (indexed and non-indexed links). This makes their data pretty useless when trying to assess the relationship between rankings and backlinks.

To rank, you need your links to be indexed in Google. You can build 1 million links and if none of them are indexed, then you'll see no results in your rankings.

The other important part of ranking is your on page SEO. It needs to be technically strong. If your on page seo is weak, you won't see any ranking results. Even with a powerful link building strategy, you'll struggle to reach even top 50 for any of the competitive keywords.
    Thanked by 3freshman Tropics Hunar
  • sickseo said:
    Time frame for results is closely related to the domain authority for your site. Ahrefs will provide a metric for your website and as you build links from unique domains, you will see this figure increase.

Even for brand new domains it is possible to rank in a few days but only if you can create that authority in a few days. If you take 6 months to create that required authority to rank, then it will take you 6 months to rank.

If you are using the same link sources (site list) over and over again, you will not see any additional increase in authority. 290 sites is very low, but this also depends on the domain authority of each of these sites as well as the number of external links on these sites. These are probably the 2 main factors for determining how much link juice/authority is passed when gaining backlinks. The authority only counts once per unique domain.

Brand new domains or domains with no previous link building will not rank for anything initially. So focus on boosting your home page DA and acquiring/building links from unique domains, preferably from sites with high DA. Although low DA sites with fewer external links can still be just as good.

Google search console does not show you every single backlink for your site. They've always been stingy when it comes to sharing data. There is no resource out there that will show you 100% of your backlinks.

Ahrefs will show you links that their bots have found that point to your website. This does not necessarily correspond to the data which Google holds for your website. Ahrefs is one of many 3rd party data sources for monitoring backlinks and they are not affiliated with google. Also bare in mind that the link data is what they've crawled (indexed and non-indexed links). This makes their data pretty useless when trying to assess the relationship between rankings and backlinks.

To rank, you need your links to be indexed in Google. You can build 1 million links and if none of them are indexed, then you'll see no results in your rankings.

The other important part of ranking is your on page SEO. It needs to be technically strong. If your on page seo is weak, you won't see any ranking results. Even with a powerful link building strategy, you'll struggle to reach even top 50 for any of the competitive keywords.

Do you use expired/auction domains? Like, let's say you are in the dog industry and found a domain with great metrics and backlinks, 10-year-old domain would you say with just on-site and backlinks and authority it has + GSA SER in combination it's like cheat code compared to brand new domains where everything needs to be hit like a puzzle?
  • Thank you @sickseo
    Thanked by 1sickseo
    Anonymous said:
    sickseo said:

Do you use expired/auction domains? Like, let's say you are in the dog industry and found a domain with great metrics and backlinks, 10-year-old domain would you say with just on-site and backlinks and authority it has + GSA SER in combination it's like cheat code compared to brand new domains where everything needs to be hit like a puzzle?
    Yes, this is how you can rank a brand new domain to page 1 in a few days. As the expired domain has the authority already there, you simply need to 301 redirect it to your money site for instant rankings. 

I wouldn't just rely on the 301 redirect domain. You should work to continuously power up any T1 property as well as the landing pages from your site and the expired domain to keep boosting the authority. 

Personally, I don't use expired domains. In most cases what you pay and the low number of links it has just isn't worth it. Plus it rarely has the same target keywords as anchor text as my money sites. So I use brand new domains instead and sculpt my own link profile for them which makes them relevant to the content topic on my money sites.

Takes longer with new domains as the domain authority increase is not instant, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than expired domains. Plus my link profiles end up being more powerful than most expired domains.
  • I see. Do you implement 301 redirection of expired domain once you build on money site let's say 20-50 articles or you 301 redirect it instantly once you register brand new domain? I guess it makes sense once you build some content on site. 

Also, let's say you have 3 pages to rank

dog training
    dog food
    dog supplements

how many Web 2.0 do you build for each page? Do you create let's say separate weebly.com for each keyword and inner page or you add all 3 posts on weebly.com 

In case you add all posts to single weebly.com do you build links and power keyword.weebly.com or

keyword.weebly.com/inner-target-page1
    keyword.weebly.com/inner-target-page2
    keyword.weebly.com/inner-target-page3

I redirect it straight away. But up to you how you want to do it.

I don't use weebly or web 2.0s, so you're asking the wrong person. But if you're after boosting the authority, then you can only use each web 2.0 once per url. Doing it a 2nd time won't give an additonal boost.

For any web 2.0 you make that has subdomains, you need to power up all urls. home page plus inner pages. They don't increase in value by themselves. That's why you point links at them.