Skip to content

Other Image spider owners please confirm if my problem is isolated to me. TY

Anyone else having trouble with GSA Image Spider or does it seem to be working fine for you?

I am only able to get results from bing and pics4learning via search by keyword, I use to get results from all of the sites to scrape.

If I tell it to parse links and give it a direct link to a jpg; I still get no results found.

I have been trying to resolve for a month. I have tried using different proxies, no proxies, low # of threads, common keywords such as "wallpaper", changed my network type, checked firewall settings.

Ultimately I want to resolve this issue for myself, But I would like to confirm the issue is isolated to me. I am asking because I noticed after installing an update, however I can not think of any other changes that could be causing this.

Thank you

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @TTT @sven - I tried it on my side. I checked all sources, loaded in 20+ keywords, 15 private proxies, 10 threads. 

Ended up with 718 images, but all were from Bing and pics4learning. 

Thanked by 1TTT
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @TTT - Updates to version 3.80; it seems to be fixed. :)

I used the same settings, sources, and keywords that I posted in the previous post, but this time it scraped a lot more images and used many different sources. I stopped the scrape when it was around 20% finished and still ended up with around 24k images. The update made a huge difference.

Only weird thing is when I'm reading the .csv using Python (Pandas), I have to tell it to use ISO-8859-1 encoding. Yesterday, when reading the .csv from the previous version, I never had to use ISO-8859-1 encoding. It's not a big deal; I just thought that was strange. 

Massive improvements:

@Sven, thanks for the quick update. 
    Thanked by 1TTT
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next update will use the UTF8 BOM so that the reader knows what to do.
    Thanked by 2s4nt0s TTT
  • I just upgraded and it seems to be working for me again as well, very well.

Thank you for the response. Also thank you Sven for looking into this, I received your email but think responding publicly would be best, to publicly close topic.