Skip to content

Cannot export to SER

Hi,
I am trying to export articles from GSA CG to SER. I am encountering an error I have never seen before. I cannot export any articles. I am using windows server 2022.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well did you install SER in it's default directory? If not, you need to specify the %appdata%\gsa search engine ranker folder.
  • Sven said:
    well did you install SER in it's default directory? If not, you need to specify the %appdata%\gsa search engine ranker folder.

Hi Sven,
    Yes I installed it in the default directory. This is the first error I get before I choose my own folder. It's the same error.

did you create a project? This export works only for existing projects.
  • Sven said:
    did you create a project? This export works only for existing projects.
    Yes it’s from a project with downloaded articles in it. 
    strange. I would need to have access to the system to check this. Can you send me some login data via email or private message?
    I just had a look on your system and found that there are no projects in GSA Search Engine Ranker. You need to create one first, then you can export to that project.
    You can however also export with another temlkate to a file that you can later import from GSA Search Engine Ranker.
    Thanked by 1the_other_dude
  • Sven said:
    I just had a look on your system and found that there are no projects in GSA Search Engine Ranker. You need to create one first, then you can export to that project.
    You can however also export with another temlkate to a file that you can later import from GSA Search Engine Ranker.
    It’s been so long since I have used these two tools together I didn’t realize I need a project in SER to export to SER. I also thought that you were asking if there was a project in GSA CG.

Thank you for your time, Sven.