Skip to content

Markdown and SER/GSA CG

Hello. I have a lot of articles in markdown. I am not able to import them into GSA CG. Am I doing something wrong or is markdown not supported?
Thank you. Hope you are well!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the format should always be pure html. SER turns it to mark down or bbcode or wiki whatever is needed.
    Thanked by 1the_other_dude
  • edited July 2023
    Sven said:
    the format should always be pure html. SER turns it to mark down or bbcode or wiki whatever is needed.

Hey Sven,
    I tried to bulk convert with pandoc and it did work but it includes the html boilerplate, <head>, <body> and some inline css. Chatgpt is not being helpful with code for stripping out that stuff.
    I guess I will try to bulk upload the markdown articles to a cheap domain with WordPress since WordPress converts it and download all with gsa cg. Do you have a suggestion of anything that might seem easier?
    Thank you.
  • Update: html conversion with pandoc does work for GSA CG. It imported all of my articles and is working. Problem solved.
  • edited July 2023
    There is only one issue that I just noticed. Hopefully you can help. For some reason the converted documents are causing GSA CG to add an h2 above the h1. The h2 is the same as the h1. Is there a way to prevent this or have you ever seen this issue? I do not see the h2 above the h1 in the html.
    Thanks
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm do you use any options to add decorations to paragraphs? If so, you can define how that is added and e.g. remove h2
    Thanked by 1the_other_dude
  • edited July 2023
    I did not use any options in GSA CG except to import the articles for preview. I just wanted to see if they would work due to the nature of converting documents. They work as expected in SER when imported directly. I have not been able to export them from GSA CG to SER yet to see if they will work normally because of the error I mentioned in my other thread.